JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Dopplers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1324487-dopplers.html)

Danica November 23rd, 2008 07:52 AM

Did you buy/rent a doppler with your pregnancy? Do you think it was worth it? How frequently do you use it?

I bought a doppler around 6 weeks and tried it every day. I finally could find our meatball's heartbeat at 8w5d. The doppler really helped me when I had those freak out moments and I think it was well worth it. I got an awesome deal because I decided to buy one. I got the high end model that they sell on babybeat (the $600 one) for $200. I was looking all over ebay going to bid for one and then I thought to look on Craigslist. I was surprised how many people were selling them. So I figure when I am done and my friends are done having babies I will just resell it and get my money back. :D

MrsPoe November 23rd, 2008 09:22 AM

I never bought one, although there has been many times I wished I had. I have a friend that is a nurse though and she helped me out at least 3 times when i was freaking out and needed to hear my little ones heartbeat. I thought having one in the house would be a bad idea and that I would stress myself out too much. I really wanted to try to have a "normal" pregnancy, as much as that is possible! I am glad you got such a great deal and that it has given you much relief. Honestly if we had the money I would have bought a good one too. I was too worried of getting a cheap one and then I would be running to the hospital all the time because I couldn't find the hb.

madmum_sarah November 23rd, 2008 09:40 AM

i had a cheap one when pregnant with DD and got her heartbeat from 12 weeks. i hadnt lost a baby before her but the fear was still very real (i almost lost her at 10 weeks and went into labour at 24 weeks after a car crash!) the kids loved hearing their little sister in my tummy.
ive been looking for a decent one this time but not quite decided on which to get. i may have my other one around somewhere if i actually look for it! :rolleyes: :lol:
xx

Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy November 23rd, 2008 09:42 AM

I refused to buy one because I knew if I couldn't find the heartbeat I would freak out and there was a chance nothing was wrong - I just couldn't do that to myself

Madison.Hailey.Zack November 23rd, 2008 10:01 AM

I bought one on Ebay for $110 and it was a life saver. I think I was around 10 weeks for I found her heartbeat.

ShannonMVT November 23rd, 2008 10:11 AM

Dh said no because he thought I'd freak myself out if I couldn't find a heartbeat (true).

victorialv November 23rd, 2008 10:25 AM

I got mine on Ebay for like $35, $40 w/shipping. It was called AngelSounds and worked great. It was a total lifesaver product for me. Whenever I had a freak out moment, I pulled that bad boy out and instantly felt better. Totally worth the money even though it is broken now.