JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   feeling really apathetic about my DDC... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1337353-feeling-really-apathetic-about-my-ddc.html)

Brittanie December 3rd, 2008 10:50 AM

It's not that I've had my feelings hurt or anything...I just am having such a hard time connecting with most of my DDC. I don't really care. I'm having a hard time even opening threads because I'm not interested, let alone even posting at all.

I've just been feeling so...blah...lately...

I feel like you ladies know me better and so I'd rather post here. *shrugs*

mom 2 haley & tyler December 3rd, 2008 10:56 AM

Britt, I felt the same way. I've stopped posting there at all. Every once in a while I lurk, but that's it. I love all the girls here, so this is my home.

AtomicMama December 3rd, 2008 10:56 AM

I'm sorry you aren't feeling connected to your DDC, and that you are feeling blah...ugh...I know the feeling <_< But I'm glad you like posting here (even if I haven't been around for very long)!!

Pitridge December 3rd, 2008 11:10 AM

Well I never joined my DDC, I feel that this is my DDC, I love this place too much to ever leave. I feel that here I can be myself and talk about things that I probably wouldn't in a DDC.

IAMommy December 3rd, 2008 11:13 AM

Brittanie, I know how you feel. I actually really like quite a few ppl in my DDC. I think they're great, but for some reason, even when I go there to post, I loose interest, and find myslef right back here. I feel so much more comfortable here.

victorialv December 3rd, 2008 11:29 AM

It's funny you post this, because I feel the EXACT same way. I have never been made to feel bad or anything, but I just can't "get into it". There are plenty of very nice ladies (and some not so nice :ph34r:) over there, but it just isn't the same as it is here.

MamaTTx2 December 3rd, 2008 12:26 PM

I can't really complain about my due date club as everyone has been pretty great there. I do completely understand were you are coming from though. I check posts and reply but mostly because I feel obligated to. I always come directly to PAL and then my ddc and then can't wait to get back to PAL!
You all helped me feel so much better about this pregnancy and have helped me accept my loss. I truly appreciate all of you ladies in PAL! :inlove:

Brittanie December 3rd, 2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

I check posts and reply but mostly because I feel obligated to.[/b]

That's exactly it. I think it's also that we're all at the "boring" part of pregnancy. All of us who are going to find out the gender have...there's nothing more exciting until we start having the babies, which hopefully won't be happening for a while yet...

There's always something exciting going on here though. :wub:

Pitridge December 3rd, 2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

There's always something exciting going on here though. :wub:[/b]
That's so true

dee68 December 3rd, 2008 05:45 PM

I felt the same way about my DDC....now its a PR and well....it's OK....but nothing like here :bluecheer:

Christal December 3rd, 2008 06:10 PM

I felt the same way in my DDC but now I cant post anywhere because my beautiful baby boy hates computers or anything that does not involve me giving him my 100% attention all of the time lol.

Jessica! December 3rd, 2008 09:08 PM

I can't stand most of the DDC's because everyone is so uneducated. Most people post false information involving pregnancy. Or they just post the most blatantly OBVIOUS ###### like... "don't drink alcohol when you're pregnant" That's just a wee bit annoying.

I really did enjoy being in the November DDC though. The July DDC is just kind of BLAH and full of dummies sometimes.

Madison.Hailey.Zack December 3rd, 2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

I can't stand most of the DDC's because everyone is so uneducated. Most people post false information involving pregnancy. Or they just post the most blatantly OBVIOUS ###### like... "don't drink alcohol when you're pregnant" That's just a wee bit annoying.

I really did enjoy being in the November DDC though. The July DDC is just kind of BLAH and full of dummies sometimes.[/b]
I'm sorry if this is going to sound dumb but you were once in the Nov DDC? Thats my DDC and thats why I asked.

I dont really care for mine either. For the most part the girls are nice but ever since the beginning theres been little clicks and I cant help but notice a lot of the girls that arent in those clicks when they post their posts dont really get much attention. Mine were the same way so I dont post there as much but when I do I try to post to the posts thats everyone's overlooked.

angelmomjen December 4th, 2008 04:28 PM

:dothug:

AtomicMama December 4th, 2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

I really did enjoy being in the November DDC though. The July DDC is just kind of BLAH and full of dummies sometimes.[/b]
Thanks Jessica :P

I do know the post you mean, about the not drinking alcohol, and the huge debate it cause...I was like wha!? That's even an issue? I thought that one was just common sense.

Jessica! December 4th, 2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm sorry if this is going to sound dumb but you were once in the Nov DDC? Thats my DDC and thats why I asked.

I dont really care for mine either. For the most part the girls are nice but ever since the beginning theres been little clicks and I cant help but notice a lot of the girls that arent in those clicks when they post their posts dont really get much attention. Mine were the same way so I dont post there as much but when I do I try to post to the posts thats everyone's overlooked.
[/b]

Yeah, I was there for a little while. I was due November 6th.

And I don't think you're a dummy, Amy. :P

madmum_sarah December 5th, 2008 02:45 AM

hunny i forced myself to post on mine and now i have to keep them updated but to be honest i feel the same most of the time. i would rather just post here and ttcal. my homes from homes!
xx

Danica December 5th, 2008 07:41 AM

I feel the same. I just lurk to see what the ladies are going through and compare belly pics. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't think I'll connect with them so I haven't joined. Maybe I will one day and maybe I'll feel connected after I join but I really don't want to yet.

kalis December 5th, 2008 07:43 AM

i like my PR, but is not the same as my PAL. i LOVE PAL! i feel so much closer to the ladies here.
you are all so wonderful and i don't know what i would have done without you & i just am amazed at how supportive and caring everyone here is.

madmum_sarah December 5th, 2008 10:02 AM

i just re read this.. THANK YOU JESSICA!!! :P
dont worry amy, i think you are great hun ;) there a few i know due in july but i dont really talk to them on there, more in other ones lol. i think the only one i actually can say i like wholeheartedly from july ddc that i DONT talk to somewhere else (had to make that part clear :P ) is adrienne, britts sis! :lol:
xx