JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   So Flippin' Mad!!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1339926-so-flippin-mad.html)

victorialv December 5th, 2008 01:24 AM

So, we stopped at a gas station tonight, and I went in and grabbed a candy bar. I get up to the counter, and the lady behind it says, "isn't this bad for you?". After a brief pause, and some shock, I said "WHAT did you say?" (giving her a chance to rethink her stupid question) Well, she is dumber than I thought and says, "because you are pregnant, this is bad for you?" (nice grammar lady!) She thought she was funny, and I was ready to punch her. I did not think it was funny AT ALL. ARGH!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

madmum_sarah December 5th, 2008 03:17 AM

when people do that to me i just try and imagine they are one of the unfortunate people who want children but have never been able to. the reason i think like that is because it calms me down and the logic behind it is ....
someone who wants a child really bad checks everything that is bad for baby and has an opinion on everything but a person who has actually been through pregnancy knows that sometimes, you just got to have it! (like me with the pate on toast im about to have! :P
xx

*Bobbie* December 5th, 2008 05:30 AM

Knowing me I would have said....oh wait I forgot the case of beer and cigarettes <_< She probably wouldn't have gotten my humor though. :lol:

Some people are just miserable and clueless. I am sorry she said that to you. :confused:

IAMommy December 5th, 2008 05:32 AM

that would make me really mad too victoria! she should have just minded her own business - has she never heard of pregnancy cravings????? You did nothing wrong, so just forget about her!!

mom 2 haley & tyler December 5th, 2008 06:32 AM

Wow, some people have nerve. They need to learn to keep their stupid opinions to theirselves. I hope you enjoyed your candy bar anyway. I would've eaten it right in front of her.

BTW, LMAO at Bobbie!!

kalis December 5th, 2008 06:49 AM

too funny bobbie!
i agree, even if a candy bar was 'bad' for you, it isn't really any of that ladies business. i still don't understand why people think just b/c you are pregnant or a new mom they get to tell you their unsolicited opinions or advice.
what pregnant lady is not going to eat candy or something now and then. i ate hard candies all the time while pregnant,.. oh and skittles, mmmmmm!

AtomicMama December 5th, 2008 07:38 AM

:lol: I like Bobbie's response!

She definitely should have kept her mouth shut on that one!! Candy bars aren't GOOD for anyone, but having one every now and then isn't going to do any harm whether you're pregnant or not. Personally, I have been eating my weight in cheese, I doubt that is too great for baby, but like Sarah said, sometime you just gotta have it (in my case, sometimes just happens to be 4 or 5 times a day :ph34r: )

Danica December 5th, 2008 07:52 AM

What a tard. UGH

mspkids December 5th, 2008 08:28 AM

I got that all the time since I refused to give up coffee while pg. OB said 1 cup was fine so I switched to half/half (decaf/regular) and weaned myself down to decaf only. However everyday at the local DDs, I got grief for ordering the coffee once I was showing. I finally gave up and went thru the drive thru since I didn't want to hear them anymore.

Pitridge December 5th, 2008 08:56 AM

:lol: Bobbie
Some people should really keep their big mouths shut. I had a couple of comments like that over thanksgiving and coming from a gay guy that doesn't like kids and has his head stuck up his b**

Jessica! December 5th, 2008 09:15 AM

OMG!!!!!!! I would so have said, "mind your own business, lady!!!" Candy is not bad for a pregnant woman. I eat candy all the time. Okay, not ALL the time, but I have at least one of those miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups a day. I love the peanut butter!

What gas station did you go to? I'll make sure to NEVER go there. Or, I'll go there when I am like 30 weeks pregnant and buy a bunch of candy and see what happens.

Nykoal December 5th, 2008 09:38 AM

Good grief! People really need to learn to not always use their "outside" voice! :rolleyes: I get stares too when I go into Starbucks. I drink one cup of coffee a day (made at home) and then anything else I drink is decaf, but people assume it's full caffiene. Even if it was...who cares?!?

I agree, I don't understand the rationing that people have and think they have "carte blanche" to say whatever they want to a pg woman. Who made them the pregnancy police?

MamaTTx2 December 5th, 2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

What a tard. UGH[/b]
HA, HA, HA, haaaa, ha. Nice Danica. I was lol...everyone in my office area was just looking at me like I'm losing it! :lol:

Victoria: Don't worry, I ate two (yes, I said 2!!) Hersheys bars last night! I ate a candy bar a day for the last few months when preggo with my first son--never had any probs and he is perfectly healthy...born at 6 pounds.
"What a tard!"

Pound December 5th, 2008 09:46 AM

um, technically it's not good for ANYONE, does she tell that to a senior, or a kid? i bet not! so chips arent' good for anyone either, but do people eat them? yes! hmpf. and a candy bar is not even close to the worst thing you could ingest while pg. i eat choc all the time.

dee68 December 5th, 2008 10:55 AM

LMAO @ Bobbie....

I would have taken a big ol sloppy bite, and given her a big chocolate toothy grin,rubbed my belly and walked out

Brittanie December 5th, 2008 12:58 PM

People who do this make me angry. When I was pregnant with Cora I worked at a gas station and there was a woman who was 2/3 months further along than me who would come in 3 times a week to buy cigarettes. I never said a word to her. You know why? She knows it's bad for her and the baby. Every smoker I have ever known has known that cigarettes aren't good for them. And even if she didn't know, it's not my business to tell her, it's her doctor's place.

I'm sorry that she said that to you honey. I'd be mad too. After all, while chocolate isn't particularly good for you, it isn't really all that bad either. It's not one of the "don't ever eat this while you're pregnant" foods. You eat it if you want to!

victorialv December 5th, 2008 03:07 PM

Bobbie, you are hysterical! That is almost exactly what my DH said. He kept me from going crazy last night. I mean, she REALLY upset me.....

Anyhow, yes, I know candy isn't good for you, but like so many of you know/said, it's not an absolute no-no during pregnancy. I mean, for gosh sakes, let's think about everything we have to give up during pregnancy, especially if you are a BIG coffee drinker like me! I went from drinking 12-16 oz of water a day to 120/day ( can you say water logged?? :wacko: ). Zero milk a day to 16-32oz/day. So on and so forth. So......give up my chocolate too?? ...NO way!

Jessica - the Sinclair station at Buffalo and Charleston. It stinks in there too....yuck!

Pitridge December 5th, 2008 03:11 PM

Candy isn't good for you even if you are not pregnant. I haven't given up my chocolate, and don't try to make me ^_^
I just realize that you are due in a week and a half!

angelmomjen December 5th, 2008 04:19 PM

Wow...some people really never think before they speak..sorry honey... <_<

NeeshBoogie December 5th, 2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

i still don't understand why people think just b/c you are pregnant or a new mom they get to tell you their unsolicited opinions or advice.[/b]
:angry2: SERIOUSLY! :angry2: And the unsolicited touching as well...but please don't get me started on the touching...

Anyhow, I am currently eating hot Cheetos (which I have NEVER liked) and a Reese's Big Cup. I have a special glare I reserve for anyone who insists on having a comment regarding my choice of cuisine. Since my face looks so young, I often get the "that teen mother has no idea what harm she's doing" looks and comments...but I don't bother explaining to folks how 80% of my diet is organic fruits and veggies...not to mention the fact that I'm 26!!! Some people really have nerve.