JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   is DH/ SO being more helpful now that you are expecting? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1340568-dh-so-being-more-helpful-now-you-expecting.html)

dee68 December 5th, 2008 10:08 AM

Mick was really great....and still is actually

mom 2 haley & tyler December 5th, 2008 10:10 AM

What....help? :huh:

Pitridge December 5th, 2008 10:16 AM

helpful? Well I guess, he has taking over some of the cleaning duties, and only because I can't do them. I just started realizing that I can't do the dishes, so he will start doing that soon. For the rest of the housework, if I can't do it I have to fight with him to do it.

Brittanie December 5th, 2008 11:30 AM

Not really, but for the first bit he was away on his internship, and since he got back...he's been consumed with his final semester of school. Those rare moments when he's home and has no homework he's great. But he always has been.

NeeshBoogie December 5th, 2008 04:16 PM

Yes, but only after we've had a HUGE fight.

Jessica! December 5th, 2008 07:25 PM

I get a lot of help from DH. I really appreciate it too. I mostly need help with unloading our washing machine. We have one of those stackable units. On the days that I'm getting light cramps and backaches, I just have DH unload the washer and then I do the rest. I could have him help me out with a lot more, without an argument, when I need the help.

It would be very stressful on me to get in a fight with anyone right now, so I am so glad DH is not putting up a fight.

ShannonMVT December 5th, 2008 10:37 PM

I haven't really asked him to do that much but I'm sure I will at some point. He does move/lift heavy things for me that I would normally do myself while not pregnant.

Danica December 6th, 2008 07:27 AM

HA! I guess so. Well, I should probably give him more credit. He still doesn't help around the house but he doesn't expect me to help him so much with the outside work. Normally we work on projects together like pressure washing the deck and painting it and sealing up woodpecker wholes, and caulking the outside door frames and winter prep items. I only helped him this year with the deck and not really as much as I normally would. So although I wouldn't say he is more helpful but he is more understanding. He also always carries Naden now, especially on hikes and doesn't expect me to trade off with him. I know that is tough because Naden is getting big.

ChattyAshley December 6th, 2008 07:18 PM

Jay is so good at keeping the kitchen clean. He does dishes and wipes down counters without me ever even asking. He knows if I go near the sink, if there's even one dirty dish in there, I'll gag!!

IAMommy December 7th, 2008 07:36 AM

Travis is awesome! He helps clean around the house, and asks me how I'm doing. He told a freind of mine yesterday, that his job right now is to just do as he is told because I am pg!!?? I don't know about him... I really don't ask him to do much, but he is such a sweetie!