JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   New (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1341013-new.html)

sharitamiles December 5th, 2008 03:43 PM

Hello ladies,
I am a part if the Juky DDC, here is short version of my story. On August 22, 2008 I delivered my little girl at 35-36 weeks, she was perfect but stillborn. I recently found out I was pregnant again on 12 November, I am so happy yet really scared. I have been reading stories of women who have went on to have healthy pregnancy and babies. If it is ok with you, could I blog here with you guys also?

Pitridge December 5th, 2008 03:48 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost....I have no words...I'm sorry
Congrats on your pregnancy and Welcome! This board is awesome, the women here are wonderful, they are so supportive and caring. Please feel free to jump in and start posting. Looking forward getting to know you.

sharitamiles December 5th, 2008 03:52 PM

Thanks Patty

angelmomjen December 5th, 2008 08:04 PM

Hi honey and Welcome to PAL...My name is Jennifer and I lost my son Damion at 22 weeks..I am so sorry for your loss, and know the pain can be so overwhelming. Can I ask if they had any idea what happened with your beautiful daughter? Many prayers for a happy and healthy nine months!!

kellyanne December 5th, 2008 08:32 PM

:welcome: and I'm glad you found us. I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about your loss. I myself have not experienced a stillborn loss, but I do know that there are several women on this board who have and are pregnant again or like Jen, have already had a successful pregnancy following their loss. Pregnancy after loss is so hard and I'm thankful everyday for the support that I have found here at this forum. It helps so much to talk to women who've been there and understand the emotional rollercoaster. I hope that you will find the same support here. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Danica December 6th, 2008 07:10 AM

Hi Sharita, Welcome and Congratulations! PAL is such a supportive place, full of women who are there for you when you are feeling scared or just want to laugh :smile: I really look forward to getting to know you better.

My name is Danica, married to Travis and living in Colorado. We have one 2.5 year old, Naden, and last year we had 4 losses, Aspen, Skyla, Keene, and Gabriel. We're currently pregnant with number 6, our little meatball. :wub:

Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Melanie0507 December 6th, 2008 07:11 AM

Hi Sharita! :welcome:

I am glad you stopped by! This is a great group of women and I know there are several that can relate with what you have been through.

I look forward to getting to know you!

sharitamiles December 6th, 2008 08:15 AM

Jennifer,
After all the autopsy reports and everything came back, it was ruled as an unknown cause. The doctor said it was just a fluke in so many words. But I think it was because the doctors dropped the ball.
I went to the doctor about 6-7 days before my little girl passed, because I felt like I was leaking and they told me it was just a yeast infection, and me urinating on myself becasue the muscles were weak and sent me home on bed rest and with monistat. But the feeling that I was leaking was still there the next day so I went to the ER and they wheeled me to L&D and they said that they could not see me, I had to make an appointment. I got an appoinment for 20th of August which was like 5 days later. The night before the appoinment I felt my baby moving alot, then she started kicking really hard for like two minutes and that was the last time I felt her move. When I went to the doctor the next day they kept trying to rush me, because I kept telling them I can't feel her move and I was crying. The doctor kept saying " Be still your baby is fine, you've never been pregnant before, I have other patients to see. So long story short he couldn't get a heartbeat with the doppler, so he did an ultrasound and called another doctor in the room and that's when they told me he didn't get a heartbeat and my baby had passed. Then they told me there was barely any amnio fluid in the bag.
So my new doctor thinks that being that there was no amnio fluid in her bag caused her to pass. The autopsy showed that all of her blood work and organs were perfect. They referred to her as having remarkable lung development and being in perfect condition. The placenta was really healthy and my blood work was good, so the only thing I can think of is them not paying attention to what I was telling them.

dee68 December 6th, 2008 08:45 AM

Sharita,

I can not tell you enough how sorry I am for the loss of your beautiful daughter... :dothug:

I'd like to welcome you to the board....my name is Dee and I cohost here with Jen. I am hoping you find this board really helpful and a place where you KNOW you can find friendship and LOTS of support.

Congratulations and best wishes to you on your new pregnancy !!!! :bluecheer: :bluecheer:

madmum_sarah December 7th, 2008 02:40 AM

sharita im so glad you found us hunny.
i know you from DDC but i am always happier posting here and seeing girls getting the support they need. there are a few of us from july here so its lovely, just a shame about the reasons why.
anyway, i look forward to getting to know you (again ;) ) :lol:
xxx

IAMommy December 7th, 2008 07:43 AM

Sharita - I am so sorry for your loss. My heart just breaks reading your story.

Welcome to the board and Congratulations on your pg. Make yourself right at home here - the girls on this board are awesome, and very understanding and supportive.

dojodiva December 7th, 2008 09:50 AM

Sharita,

I'm in the July DDC with you as well and happy to see that you've found this board, too. The women here are wonderful.

I am so sorry for your loss and the way the doctors treated you. It's just not right.

I'll be praying that you have a smooth & uneventful pregnancy, and I look forward to getting to know you over the next months. :)

Morena

Brittanie December 7th, 2008 10:08 AM

Hi Sharita! I am so sorry about your sweet little girl. Looking at the pic in your sig, she is just beautiful. I lost my sweet Cora at 38 weeks, to a cord accident. It's so devastating to lose a baby and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Have you visited us down that the stillbirth forum? (click here)

Anyway, my subsequent pregnancy after Cora is now 18 months old today! And I'm pregnant yet again, so it can happen, as hard as that is to believe sometimes. It sounds like your new doctor is a good one, and I hope that you feel like you're getting more care than you did with your angel.

:dothug: and a healthy, uneventful pregnancy to you!

NeeshBoogie December 7th, 2008 11:06 AM

It's hard to find words to describe the feeling of a loss, and I am truly sorry for everything you've gone through. If there is any place on earth to find peace, comfort and understanding for the loss of your sweet baby girl, you've definitely found it here. There is a tremendous amount of support and strength on this board, and I'm very glad you found it.

Welcome aboard, and I hope you find the same confidence and inspiration here with these ladies as I did.

My name is Neesh, BF and I are pregnant with number 3 after having two consecutive losses (which a doctor also described as "a fluke" and I think that's a bit harsh). Being pregnant after a loss gets harder way before it gets easier, but it IS possible and it DOES get easier. Somewhere along the way we even find ourselves having fun.

Look forward to getting to know you!

angelmomjen December 7th, 2008 11:54 AM

Sharita,

Its so hard to lose a child, and then on top of it to feel like someone did not do all they could to save them. I had the same problem, no one would listen when I knew something was so wrong. I have an incompentent cervix, and was bleeding they sent me home with antibotics, and would not check me..a few hours later my son was born.

Im not a doctor by any means, but it sounds like you had PROM..premature rupture of membranes..which can be a small leak, or a large leak quickly. I hope that you are being labeled high risk..ask for extra ultrasounds, and dont let them tell you no. I had them bi-weekly..but sometimes I had to push..and its not in my nature to be so forward or insisting, but I had to at times. I pray that it was just something that happened, and Im sure everything is going to go wonderfully for you this time around. I hope you have switched doctors. I know I did. The better care you have, the more secure you feel. We are all here for you..

mom 2 haley & tyler December 8th, 2008 05:49 AM

Welcome and Congrats on your pg! I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful little girl. I'm glad you found us here. These women are amazing. We are all here for you!!

heatherrose415 December 8th, 2008 12:05 PM

I am sooooo sorry for your loss :( how heartbreaking, especially since you knew and the dr's wouldnt listen :( I am so sorry!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby though, i wish you the best pregnancy and birth and healthy baby possible!!!!

AtomicMama December 9th, 2008 08:02 AM

I am so sorry for your loss! That is heartbreaking. Congratulations on your pregnancy...I hope it's easy and uneventful!