JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   New Here! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1341266-new-here.html)

J_Granieri_76 December 5th, 2008 08:48 PM

Hey Everyone, My name is Jilian and I found out today that I'm pregnant. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since March of 2006. We got lucky in June of that year but it only lasted for 8 weeks. The egg failed to implant at all, and one night it just fell out. Sorry if TMI. Anyway, we tried really hard after that and when it didn't we just kind of gave up and for the last year and a half we just haven't prevented, if you know what I mean. I decided I would just chart for a while to make sure I was ovulating and to keep an eye on my cycles. 3 months ago my system went haywire and I had the wosrt AF ever, and when the next AF was late I thought maybe I had finally gotten lucky. I tested but it was negative. Anyway AF arrived 8 days late and when she did arrive it was lighter than normal and only lasted 3 days. Now, AF was due November 30th and when she didn't arrive I figured I was just going to be late again and decided when she did arrive I would make a doctors appointment to find out if anything was wrong. Well today I decided to test, really thinking that it was going to be negative. I figured what the heck, AF was late and I seemed to be really tired, so I took the test and set it down and almost forgot to look at it. About 5 minutes later it I was about to get up and I just happened to look down and see that the test was very definitely positive. There is no mistaking those very clear pink lines. So, I guess I am about 4 1/2 weeks pregnant and I'm terrified. I know it's still very early, but I'm afraid to tell anyone, even my husband. I figured if there was anyone who could understand my feelings it would be the women on this board. I can't remember ever being this scared, maybe I'm being paranoid but I can't seem to help myself.

Anyway, sorry for dumping all this out. I just needed to get it out. Tanks.

Danica December 6th, 2008 08:02 AM

Hi Jilian, Welcome and Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean about being paranoid and all the other ladies will understand too. It does get better with time, as you pass small milestones. Honestly, besides my husband, I didn't tell anyone I was pregnant until I was about 12 weeks. I bought a doppler and that helps a ton during my freak out moments. It may help you too but you can't hear until 10 weeks usually (8 weeks earliest).

Try to take it one day at a time. Soon you'll start to open up to the possibility that everything will be okay :smile: I look forward to getting to know you better!

Melanie0507 December 6th, 2008 08:08 AM

Hi Jilian :welcome:

You are in the right place! We all understand the nervous apprehension that comes with pregnancy after a loss. I still worry but every day I feel a little better! These ladies are fantastic and I know you will love it here!

Glad you joined us! :D

dee68 December 6th, 2008 09:48 AM

welcome to the board !!!

you have come to the right place. we all understand the fears that go along with PAL....
we are here for you....

congratulations and best wishes!

J_Granieri_76 December 6th, 2008 06:13 PM

Thanks Ladies. I really want this pregnancy to go full term. I'm going to be nervous until I first pass the 8 week mark, and then the first trimester mark. I finally told my husband, and he cried, he was so happy.

IAMommy December 7th, 2008 08:14 AM

Jilian, Welcome to the board - I'm so happy for you and your dh! PG after loss is filled with apprehension, but the other ladies are right, each new milestone that you pass will help feel a little better. I hope you have a very happy and healthy pg!

madmum_sarah December 7th, 2008 08:25 AM

hi jillian and welcome :D
we all understand your fears but there is a great bunch of ladies here who are a huge support to everyone.
i look forward to getting to know you
x

angelmomjen December 7th, 2008 01:05 PM

Hi Jiliian and Welcome to PAL!! Congrats on your new bean!! :dust: :dust: :dust: ..I was so scared to tell people because I did not want to have to "take it back" or deliver bad news to them..but the support they gave me, and the prayers were wonderful!! Wishing you a H&H nine month honey!

mom 2 haley & tyler December 8th, 2008 06:42 AM

Congrats and Welcome Jilian. These women are wonderful. We are all here for you throughout this scary time. We'll get you through it. We all know how it feels. I look forward to getting to know you.

heatherrose415 December 8th, 2008 01:01 PM

Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you and wish you the best pregnancy and healthy baby!

Pitridge December 8th, 2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks Ladies. I really want this pregnancy to go full term. I'm going to be nervous until I first pass the 8 week mark, and then the first trimester mark. I finally told my husband, and he cried, he was so happy.[/b]

Reading this almost made me cry (I'm at work so I have to keep it to a minimun).
Congrats on your pregnancy, the girls here are amazing. This is a very scary part of pg and we are here for you, we will help you through it. Welcome!

AtomicMama December 9th, 2008 08:54 AM

Congratulations and Welcome!! Sending lots of sticky dust your way :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Wee3monkeys December 9th, 2008 09:11 AM

Hi Jilian! First off, I'm terribly sorry for your loss! Second, CONGRATS on your pregnancy and welcome to PAL!! :bluecheer: :cheer: :bluecheer: Being pregnant after a loss is just terribly hard, it's confusing, it's nerve-wracking, it's extra emotional, and all kind of other stuff. The ladies here are absolutely wonderful, and we're all here to help each other through it. Again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know you! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!