JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   New Here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/134937-new-here.html)

SpugsLady January 17th, 2006 07:23 AM

Hiya Ladies. I'm New here. My name is Jade I'm 16 From the UK. I went through a m/c in August, the pregnancy was unplanned, but i'm hoping to ttc in a few years or so :smile: I dont think i know anyone on here so i'd be grateful if you would introduce yourselvs so i can get to know some people :lol: thank you.

Babydoll January 17th, 2006 07:42 AM

Hi, I'm 25, and had a MC last summer with my first pregnancy. I'm now 14 1/2 weeks pregnant and going strong.
If you're not planning on getting pregnant right away, there is a pregnancy loss board and a TTC after MC board that maybe you can relate to a little better as most women on this board are already pregnant. Feel free to post questions here, but I thought you might enjoy those boards as well.

hopin4a4rth January 17th, 2006 07:48 AM

Hi. I'm 26 & I had 2 m/c's last year. One in May & one in August. I'm pregnant & due in July now.

If you plan to wait to TTC, there are a few other boards you might be interested in. One is Pregnancy Loss, one is TTC after M/C, and another is Deciding to Wait.

Rina42308 January 17th, 2006 09:50 AM

Hi sweetie, I highly recommend the pg loss forum...I've spent a lot of time there and the women are WONDERFUL...so much so that I can't imagine ever not visiting them.
You are of course welcome here but like the other ladies suggested you might feel more comfortable on the other boards.
I'm Norina and I'm 29. I had two m/c's last year, one in March, and then I lost my twins in May. Its is a devestating thing to happen to say the least. My heart goes out to you. I am always available by Pm too if you need to chat one on one.
take care.

SpugsLady January 17th, 2006 12:12 PM

Hi, thank you.

I decided to come to this board to see how your all coping with your pregnancies as i'm pretty scared that it will happen again, i guess it's just natural to be scared after what has happened though. I will check out the other boards but i think i'll give the ttc board a miss. i read your not allowed to post there unless your over 18, i'm planning on ttc when i'm 17 though sometime in august, and then if i do get pg, baby will come after i'm 18, don't know weather that is allowed?

Anyways thank you...anyone else who wants to introduce theirselvs are welcome coz i want to get to know as many people as possable... :D

Rina42308 January 17th, 2006 02:06 PM

I didn't know about the 18 yr old rule...there's a teen pg board though so that's kinda contradicting huh?
aayway, I'm pg for the 3rd time and no live children to show for it so yes I am scared. i had surgery in Sept to correct a problem in my uterus that caused my m/c's...despite this I still fear something could go wrong with this baby too. It;s a very nerve wracking time to say the least. I have an u/s scheduled for 1/25 and am praying for a heartbeat. if I get that I think i'll relax at least a little...
May I ask why you've decided to ttc at an early age? No judgement, just wondering your thoughts?

SpugsLady January 18th, 2006 01:56 AM

Quote:

May I ask why you've decided to ttc at an early age? No judgement, just wondering your thoughts?[/b]
Well ive always wanted to have children just not as young as 16, but the pregnancy was unplanned but when i did m/c it made me want children even more, I diddn't just try to get pregnant again so i said i will wait until i'm at least 17 and at least 9 months within the age 18, so if i do get pg i'm be 18 when baby comes coz i think it's a good age to start a family, my sister was 18 when she had her little girl, shes had a little girl since then and now shes married and got a baby boy on the way. Me and my partner both talk about it loads, he wants children sooner than that but ive told him he's got to wait until i'm ready. (My b/f is 21).

I'm not bothered about being married or anything, it's not a big deal to me or my family really.

Rina42308 January 18th, 2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

May I ask why you've decided to ttc at an early age? No judgement, just wondering your thoughts?[/b]
Well ive always wanted to have children just not as young as 16, but the pregnancy was unplanned but when i did m/c it made me want children even more, I diddn't just try to get pregnant again so i said i will wait until i'm at least 17 and at least 9 months within the age 18, so if i do get pg i'm be 18 when baby comes coz i think it's a good age to start a family, my sister was 18 when she had her little girl, shes had a little girl since then and now shes married and got a baby boy on the way. Me and my partner both talk about it loads, he wants children sooner than that but ive told him he's got to wait until i'm ready. (My b/f is 21).

I'm not bothered about being married or anything, it's not a big deal to me or my family really.
[/b]
Well i can certainly relate to wanting a child more than ever after a m/c...I always knew i wanted children but after my m/c's, it just intensified my desire even more.
I'm not married either and it doesn't bother me. However my family will have a heartattack when i tell them (which I have not done yet)...i imagine getting soem judegement from some friends...as long as this baby is healthy i will endure anything!

iamkc January 18th, 2006 09:40 AM

I'm late doing this, but welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I agree with Norina--each one made me want children more fiercely...and I never thought that I was that "type".

It sounds like your family will be supportive. My family would have FREAKED OUT if I'd been pregnant without being married, or even if I were to tell them that we've been trying since before we were married. To be honest, now-DH and I sort of forgot that we WEREN'T married!

I think that the 18 y.o. rule may apply to TTC boards, but if you're completely serious about it, you may want to check out the teen pregnancy one to see who actively TTCed! Might be fun!

Good luck with whatever you decide, and again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Of course, I hope that your next pregnancy goes smoothly!!! :dothug:

SpugsLady January 18th, 2006 09:44 AM

norina1028

how old are you? and how far along are you?

Imagine what i went through, i had to tell my parents i was pregnant at 16!
I was about 4 weeks gone at the time.

As for friends judging you (if they end up doing so) , they have no right, if this is something you want to do then they are your consiquenses to face not theirs right? sometimes i don't get why people have to butt in and judge. I thought one of my friends would say 'your stupid' but she diddn't she was quite supportive.

Tell your parents in your own time, and don't let them talk you into anything you don't want to.

iamkc

i don't think anyone under 18 is allowed to post anywhere about ttc, if so this really messes me up as i wont be able to talk about it when i'm 17 and want to ttc.

Rina42308 January 18th, 2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

how old are you? and how far along are you?

Imagine what i went through, i had to tell my parents i was pregnant at 16!
I was about 4 weeks gone at the time.

As for friends judging you (if they end up doing so) , they have no right, if this is something you want to do then they are your consiquenses to face not theirs right? sometimes i don't get why people have to butt in and judge. I thought one of my friends would say 'your stupid' but she diddn't she was quite supportive.

Tell your parents in your own time, and don't let them talk you into anything you don't want to.[/b]
thanks for the support! I can't imagine telling my parents atr 16 i was pg...I mean I'm scared to do it at almost 30! Howretardfed is that?? LOL!
yeah I had a friend surprise me and say, "why are you pg? why didn't you use a condom?" I was so hurt...not what i needed to hear. she has since apologized and she is usually a good friend but honestly I'm having trouble forgiving her...i mean i told her I did but her words still hurt ya know?
I'm planning on telling my friends at my 30th b-day party on the 28th...i'm thinking of making little announcements so they see I'm happy and no one ventures out to say something stupid...

Quote:

I'm late doing this, but welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I agree with Norina--each one made me want children more fiercely...and I never thought that I was that "type".

It sounds like your family will be supportive. My family would have FREAKED OUT if I'd been pregnant without being married, or even if I were to tell them that we've been trying since before we were married. To be honest, now-DH and I sort of forgot that we WEREN'T married!

I think that the 18 y.o. rule may apply to TTC boards, but if you're completely serious about it, you may want to check out the teen pregnancy one to see who actively TTCed! Might be fun!

Good luck with whatever you decide, and again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Of course, I hope that your next pregnancy goes smoothly!!! :dothug:[/b]
jessica I never thought I was that "type" eiher until afte my m/c's...I ahve so eaten so many words and thougths I had about other women who desperately wnated a child...i never knew that pain that intense desire until now...

Oh and Spugs lady forgot to tell ya I'm 6 wks along right now...u/s is scheduled for 1/25.

SpugsLady January 18th, 2006 09:56 AM

OMG! she said what! :angry:

That would make me so angry, i thought thats what all my friends would be saying.

lol I don't think i'd have a problem telling my parents if i were 30, maybe becoz I had to break it to em at an early age before.

I hope all goes well, it should do, i have never heard of parents yelling at their 30 year old daughters for starting a family, did they know about your other pregnancy's?

Rina42308 January 18th, 2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

OMG! she said what! :angry:

That would make me so angry, i thought thats what all my friends would be saying.

lol I don't think i'd have a problem telling my parents if i were 30, maybe becoz I had to break it to em at an early age before.

I hope all goes well, it should do, i have never heard of parents yelling at their 30 year old daughters for starting a family, did they know about your other pregnancy's?[/b]
My parents are very old fashioned...mexican and catholic if that gives you any indication of their "ways " :lol:
I told them after my m/c's about the pg's and my dad yelled at me...my mom made him stop. I think they're gonna think I'm stupid for getting pg again...paticularly from a guy who wasn't the most supportive. it's hard to explain my feelings to them. we're not big in the communication dept ya know?

SpugsLady January 18th, 2006 10:24 AM

Ah, i see...

I don't communicate much with my parents so it was really hard for me.

My sister told my mum first, my mum told my dad...my dad was actually calm but my mum was POSSESSED! lol! My dad told me to talk to my mum, no shouting no arguing, just talk it out. My mum never asked me to abort, but she did ask me weather i was going to keep the baby or not but After she was pretty supportive...

My next pregnancy i'm not going to tell many people b4 12 weeks, i'm just going to tell my mum and dad, and other close family...I know it's me who went through it but it dissapointed other people too, My boyfriends family were devistated. But after it had happened everyone was so supportive.

I hope you tell them and everything goes well...just remember your Mum and Dad think your still their little girl, but your obiously old enough to start your own family now...and old enough to do what you please :D

Rina42308 January 18th, 2006 10:32 AM

You are very wise! And very right! thanks again fro your support!