JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Ultrasound today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/135040-ultrasound-today.html)

iamkc January 17th, 2006 10:00 AM

I have an ultrasound at 315 my time today...they'll do other things, too, but the u/s will tell me something right away. I'm terrified, didn't sleep, and am making myself sick(er) over it. Keep everything crossed, send good thoughts, prayers, whatever you have. I'm preparing for the worst, but I know that I can't possibly prepare completely. Of course, I'm HOPING for the best, but in all of these pregnancies, I've never had the best happen.

Let this one be different!!!

soontobemommyto3 January 17th, 2006 10:18 AM

I'm thinking of you today! I'm sure all will be fine! Let us know how it goes.

Blessings B January 17th, 2006 10:27 AM

Positive thoughts coming your way. YOu will be in my prayers. Good luck

Rina42308 January 17th, 2006 10:35 AM

Jessica...I am so praying that today has a happy outcome for you...please let us know when you return how things went. I will be on pins and needles for you until then. Imagine us all holding your hand as the dr inserts that cold probe inside you (lol...thought you might appreciate a little humor...did I get a smile?)...Seriously sweetie, I have good feelings about this...this time will be different. Big hugs,

Babydoll January 17th, 2006 11:11 AM

I felt the same way before my first US. Lotsa love and prayers coming your way!

Ethans_Mommy January 17th, 2006 01:27 PM

Any news? I am thinking about you!

iamkc January 17th, 2006 01:47 PM

Hehe...thank you ladies. I will leave in about an hour, then I have no idea how long it will take. I'm worried because I've had a strange, pinpointed pain for a couple of days in the same place. Not debilitating, just annoying. Not a cramp, but like something poking HARD. I have no idea if this is normal or not.

I'm also getting paranoid that they'll ask if I've been having any one-sided, abnormal pain. Not really, I'll say. Then they'll call off the ultrasound. The only reason I think they're doing one this early is because they're considering the last one ectopic and have to rule it out...not because I have recurrent miscarriages.

I have a gloom and doom question: if this stupid pain means anything negative, will it already show up as a problem on an ultrasound? I have a horrible fear that everything will look ok today, but in 2 days...

Someone stop me. Give me something to knock me out for the next several months. PLEASE!!! :blink:

Rina42308 January 17th, 2006 02:33 PM

Aww honey, if I had something to knock you out for the next several months I already would have taken it myself :) I get strange annoying pains all the time...for a little while ther ei too was fearing an etopic pg...I think when you're in a position like us you try to rule out every possible problem there is and if any one thing sounds like it might indicate something wrong...tehn we have no choice but to fret. it will be ok...breathe deep...try remembering stress now will not make things any better...what will be will be...i know that can be such an invalidating response but I promise...focus on those words...talk yourself through it...I do it and I swear it works...at least a little.
I'm waiting to hear back from you...write soon!!!

cameronsmom January 17th, 2006 02:36 PM

Good luck to you! I am sure everything is fine.

LeedaRenee January 17th, 2006 02:42 PM

Well, I do know that when I went to have me U/S, they said one of the things to make sure of this early was that the pregnancy was in the uterus and not the fallopian tubes, which they checked with the U/S. I also occasionally have sharp pains on the left side, and my u/s turned out fine.

I will be praying and thinking about you, I know that everything will be fine. Let us know how it goes :)

momofchristianandpaulie January 17th, 2006 04:38 PM

I am new here, but just read all of these posts....I certainly hope that everything is okay for you!!! Good luck, and let me know when you find that magical "knock out pill" I surely could use one, LOL....