JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Smells (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/135734-smells.html)

Miles January 18th, 2006 07:55 AM

A friend of mine is pregnant again after 2 miscarriages. She is almost 5 wks along, but she thinks she is loosing her mind. This morning she got up and smelled throw up(not a nice smell at all)and her and her Dh looked all over the house and couldnt find anything. From than on she said she has been smelling it throughout the house, not just in one spot. And its off and on, so she will smell it at times and other times not. Now I never went through with my dd or with the one I miscarried, so I figured I would ask all of you if you have gone through this. Smelling something that isnt there or is she loosing her mind?

singlecrochet January 18th, 2006 08:26 AM

OH, she is DEFINITELY losing her mind........ call the shrink! JUST KIDDING! I've noticed an increased ability or sense to smell even the faintest odors. Presently I am 11w2d along and since last night everywhere I go stinks, like garbage. Highly annoying! Maybe there is a faint musty odor in my office and my apartment, but now it just seems positively overwhelming and I can't get away from it. Time to get some smelly candles I think.

Miles January 18th, 2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

OH, she is DEFINITELY losing her mind........ call the shrink! JUST KIDDING! I've noticed an increased ability or sense to smell even the faintest odors. Presently I am 11w2d along and since last night everywhere I go stinks, like garbage. Highly annoying! Maybe there is a faint musty odor in my office and my apartment, but now it just seems positively overwhelming and I can't get away from it. Time to get some smelly candles I think.[/b]

She really throught she was loosing her mind LOL! I will tell her its normal not to worry thanks for the reply!

Rina42308 January 18th, 2006 09:05 AM

I am queen of heightened smell senses when i get pg...this is my 3rd pg (2 m/c's) and everytime I've been pg my #1 symptom from the start is the smell thing. I'm thinking that if she's smelling throw up I bet it's something that really smells that way to her but no one else can smell it because they don't have the xray smell she has been blessed with during this time :)...it could even be a left over smell in the carpet or something that was cleaned up long ago.
i gag at the most ridiculous things just because the smell is so strong to me...like cocanut hand lotion and a plate left over with the tiniest amount of food (I can smell it yuck!).
tell you're friend she's normal or that I'll join her in the loony bin :)
best of luck to her!!!

iamkc January 18th, 2006 09:30 AM

Oooohhhh...everything smells like vomit or mildew to me!!! Yet, there's no vomit or mildew to be found, of course! I hope she moves past that soon! Yuck! Congrats to your friend, too!

Miles January 18th, 2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

Oooohhhh...everything smells like vomit or mildew to me!!! Yet, there's no vomit or mildew to be found, of course! I hope she moves past that soon! Yuck! Congrats to your friend, too![/b]

Thank you everyone, I guess it has to do with the dog. She smells it when the dog is in the room. Also she said that she has those plug in smell things and one is just about empty and she can all of the sudden smell it now when she couldnt before! She said that is a nice smell! Thanks everyone!

hopin4a4rth January 19th, 2006 06:30 AM

I didn't read all the replies, but I'm like this & drive my dh nuts!! I'm always smelling things that aren't there. I've even gotten him out of bed at night because I was SURE I smelled gas or smoke.