JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Is measuring 4 days behind a problem? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1490490-measuring-4-days-behind-problem.html)

*Jennifer* March 23rd, 2009 09:18 PM

Is measuring 4 days behind a problem?

Hello ladies. When I went in for an u/s at 9 weeks 1 day, I measured 9 weeks 4 days. When I went in for an u/s at what should have been 11 weeks 4 days, I measured at exactly 11 weeks. How could I be measuring ahead at one facility and behind at another?

dee68 March 23rd, 2009 09:34 PM

Re: Is measuring 4 days behind a problem?

different technicians and equipment differences probably !
there is usually a window of a few days to almost a week that measurements can go either way...
I am sure it is nothing to worry about ;)

princesskate March 24th, 2009 12:49 AM

:ditto: I was told u/s can be off either way by up to a week hun x

IAMommy March 24th, 2009 04:45 AM

Ditto to the other girls...unless your dr says its a problems you are OK. what they are measuring is so small that its easy for the dates to be off a little bit.

mary30 March 24th, 2009 05:29 AM

NO !!! at my ultrasound at 11 weeks I was bdhind 4 days and they said that you can be up to 7 days difference and everything is ok. Sometimes it is just the way the baby is laying... At my next appointment evertyhing was measuaring right on time

jenn27 March 24th, 2009 06:01 AM

Ditto to everyone else. I wouldn't worry about it unless the dr said that there was reason to be concerned.

Danielley08 March 24th, 2009 06:22 AM

I think everyone else has just about covered it all... :D

There are so many variables that go into an u/s...technician, machine, measuring technique, the formulas used for the averages, etc...

I bet you could go back to the first place and have 2 diff techs u/s you on the same machine and get diff results...

Think positive and remember you have all of us praying for you!!! :cheer:

*Jennifer* March 24th, 2009 01:46 PM

Thanks ladies! The doc said that everything looked great so now I am feeling good.

Brittanie March 24th, 2009 01:49 PM

Another thing that you need to remember, is that those measurements are AVERAGES! Your baby could be growing at a different rate than average.

I'm glad everything is okay!