JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   6 wk u/s (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/149357-6-wk-u-s.html)

nmacjames February 9th, 2006 01:58 PM

Has ANYONE who has had an u/s at exactly 6 wks NOT heard the hb? Both sacs ( i for the life of me couldn't see the yolk sac, but he showed me where it was) were there, but he said he couldn't see the hb yet and that, that is ok. Is it? :(

soontobemommyto3 February 9th, 2006 02:20 PM

probably. unless he had a great machine, he might not pick it up. The h/b is supposed to start at a little over 5 weeks, something like 23 or 25 days past conception. But not all u/s machines are created equal. Some are much better then others.

My DR found my baby's at 6w2d. I thought for sure it would be too soon. But his machine is also used for Level II ultrasounds so I think it is pretty good.

Also you might be a day or two off in your EDD and that can make a difference too.

sweetpea February 9th, 2006 02:21 PM

i have seen both, but i know a few ppl that have not but they had heathly babies. its still early give it a few more week

Blessings B February 9th, 2006 02:48 PM

I personally think it could easily be too early. But, it you have any concerns just call you Doc. That's what they are there for. blessings B

nmacjames February 9th, 2006 03:49 PM

Thanks guys! I now have a LOOOONNNGGGG two wks to wait to see if the baby has grown any. :dothug:

*~Candy~* February 9th, 2006 03:50 PM

Try not to worry to much (yeah right) but one of my friends had her U/S at six weeks and they didn't see a hb, she went back a week later and got to see it plain as day. When do you go back?

Ethans_Mommy February 9th, 2006 04:59 PM

With my last dr, she only did internal exams until you were 10 weeks because her machine wouldnt detect anything through the stomach. 6 weeks could be too early for sure!

nmacjames February 9th, 2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Try not to worry to much (yeah right) but one of my friends had her U/S at six weeks and they didn't see a hb, she went back a week later and got to see it plain as day. When do you go back?[/b]
I go back in two weeks. The longest two weeks of my life! Hey, the doc said he could see the yolk sac, so I guess that is better than nothing...right? I was just expecting to see the little kidney shaped bean. I pray next time I do.

hopin4a4rth February 10th, 2006 05:12 AM

Oh man!! That's tough, but yes, 6 weeks is very early. The heart doesn't start beating until 6 weeks, so there's a really good chance you wouldn't see anything yet. Hoping that the 2 weeks don't seem like a lifetime for you & you get to see your little one w/ a strong h/b next time. :dothug: