JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   spotting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/150248-spotting.html)

LeedaRenee February 11th, 2006 04:21 AM

I've been spotting since my appointment, just light brown spotting. The doctor warned me that more likely than not I would have some light spotting because she did a pap and swabbed the cervix. It's still scary to see though. I dont know why Im posting this, just a little upset I suppose.

Mom2DalnRi February 11th, 2006 06:20 AM

I did the same thing for like 2 days I think.. scared me also .. I called and they said that it was normal .. brown went to pink on the last day I spotted and I totally freaked but I am sure everything is fine ... Just wanted to share my experience Hope it eases your mind.

MB23 February 11th, 2006 06:53 AM

I have been avoiding sex, just because of the chance to see spotting. Poor DH.
I can understand your concern. No matter what caused it - it is a scary sight.

Ethans_Mommy February 11th, 2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

I have been avoiding sex, just because of the chance to see spotting. Poor DH.
I can understand your concern. No matter what caused it - it is a scary sight.[/b]
I had this happen to me too- but mine didnt start the day of my pap, it was the day after. I too would spot after sex so my dr told me if I was concerened to hang off on it for a few weeks. I did and didnt spot for 3 weeks. After 3 weeks I thought it would be ok, so we had sex and I spotted again! Lucky for me I had a drs appointment that very next day, so he checked me and said everything looks fine, my cervix is closed so the blood didnt come from the uterus. Spotting, while very normal, is always scary!

*~Candy~* February 11th, 2006 10:08 AM

I am sure that you are worried, but i am sure it is okay. I would be just as worried if it happened to me, but when you are pregnant the cervix is very sensitive and I am sure it was b/c of the pap. I also have been avoiding sex until after the 2nd trimester until I know everything should be okay. I think if i started spotting it would worry me so much.
Hang in there hun, i am sure it wil stop soon... (((HUGS))))

paganempath February 13th, 2006 08:00 AM

I'm sure that the spotting is just from your appointment. Try not to worry too much about it. Lots of women have spotting for even no apparent reason but it might make you feel a bit better that at least you can trace the source. I spotted about three times during my 6th- 9th weeks and it DOES freak you out to see it. Mine was bright red though and once it was enough to go through my underwear. But it stopped just as mysteriously as it started and everything has been fine since. Good luck with your pregnancy and start enjoying--- not worrying!! :dothug:

hopin4a4rth February 13th, 2006 04:35 PM

I totally understand that worry. Like the others said, I'm sure it's just from the appt. :dothug: