JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   So when will I have a belly to rub? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/150265-so-when-will-i-have-belly-to-rub.html)

MB23 February 11th, 2006 06:57 AM

I keep rubbing what is not showing - like I expect to feel something there this early on. :lol:

I can't wait to have a big ol' bump to rub! :D

When have you first noticed your bump?
Could you ever stop rubbing it?

Ethans_Mommy February 11th, 2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

I keep rubbing what is not showing - like I expect to feel something there this early on. :lol:

I can't wait to have a big ol' bump to rub! :D

When have you first noticed your bump?
Could you ever stop rubbing it?[/b]
Everyone is different! People told me since I was smaller I would notice it sooner, but it still took me forever! I was barely showing 6 months and even when I went into labor, (which was 5 weeks early, so I know I couldve been bigger) the nurses were in shock when I told them I was 35 weeks. WHen they heard I was in preterm labor, they looked at me and thought I was only 20 something weeks.

This time along, people are telling me I will notice it sooner since its my second (actually 3rd pregnancy) but I am 12 weeks already and the only change I notice in my body is the loss of a waistline! And that was gone weeks ago! Some girls in my ddc look totally pregnant- me, I just feel fat!

countrybaby February 11th, 2006 01:48 PM

Yep, everyone is different. I was told I wouldn't show until later because this is my first baby and I'm tall, thin, and athletic. Well, I had a noticable bump by around 12 weeks. Part of that is due to having a forward tilted uterus, so I "bumped" out in front more at first. But I didn't show to the rest of the world (or strangers, anyway) until about 16-18 weeks.

my_boys_are_my_joy February 11th, 2006 03:23 PM

Around 20 weeks, I had a little something poking out, but by 25 weeks, there was a definite belly to rub!

soontobemommyto3 February 11th, 2006 04:47 PM

I have a big ole bump right now! BUt this is my 4th pregnancy and I was only pregnant a few months before this one.

My first pregnancy I didn't really show until I was about 6 months along and I didn't feel anything until I was about 19 weeks or so.

This one is a little jumping bean, I can feel kicks, turns, nudges, etc.

MB23 February 12th, 2006 07:20 AM

Thanks everyone - guess I have a long way to go. :smile:

Can't wait! :inlove:

happy_mama2b February 13th, 2006 03:11 AM

for me it was week 20 :P its a great feeling!

hopin4a4rth February 13th, 2006 04:39 PM

I finally have a nice bump now too... but it's my 4rth baby!! I think I was around 20 weeks w/ my first when people noticed I was pg.