JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   New Here! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1509783-new-here.html)

Enchanted Mumma April 6th, 2009 04:35 PM

New Here!

Hi Ladies,

I was member of TTCAL...

Well I've made it to 10 weeks and 3 days and I was doing really well mentally until I had a "melt down" yesterday...I really started to stress that something is wrong with bub. Kate (Princess Kate) recommended that I join you ladies as you understand what I am going through.
I went to the Doctor and she was unable to hear a heartbeat with the doppler but she said it was still early and not to stress about that...I am booked in for an U/S tomorrow lunchtime. I'm scared, scared, scared but so excited at the same time.
I am feeling A LOT better today...thinking positive. I have no signs that anything is wrong, no bleeding, no cramping...I think I was just being a stress head.

Is it normal to stress like that considering previous losses? I have never lost a baby this far along.
Thank you for letting me vent. I will update tomorrow after my U/S...fingers crossed all goes well. I just want to see our baby and the heartbeat flickering away nice and strong.

klt April 6th, 2009 04:56 PM

Re: New Here!

A stress head... I love that term. LOL I'm a stress head, too. Yes, I think it's normal, although I think everyone feels it differently because we've all had different experiences. I'm 13 wks this week and I just wish I had a window into my uterus so I could check the little one and make sure everything is still going well. Or, I wish I could unscrew my head and put it back on around week 24. Yes, I know I'd look ridiculous, but, I'd feel much better if I couldn't dwell and over think everything~! I think having a loss (or for many, more than one loss) sucks the innocence right out of PG. With my first three PGs (my boys are now 13, 10, and 8) once I saw the h/b, I just assumed everything would be fine. Now, after my loss, I can't convince myself not to worry. And, the dreams at night are horrible. I'm obviously worrying. Try to think about the fact that you have no indicators that anything is wrong, and that, the further along you get, the easier it is. (I'm trying to do that...and sometimes it works :) ) Just know that you aren't alone. And, this is a great place to get support and advice. What a great group of women. I'm still new here. But, I'm so glad I have these awesome moms to vent to...

I'll say some extra prayers for you and your little one. hang in there. 10 weeks is awesome! Statistically you're in a much lower risk category now. And, before you know it, you'll be in your second trimester, and then your third. Thanks for sharing your feelings. I feel less crazy knowing I'm not alone :p

princesskate April 7th, 2009 02:46 AM

Kalene! I am so glad you decided to join us here. The ladies here are wonderful and very supportive. I dont know what I would do without them :)

I know it is easier said than done, but try not to worry about not being able to find the heartbeat, 10w is still a little early and I am sure you will see a beautiful healthy bean at your u/s.

I am HUGE stress head by the way, so you are not alone on that one. I think it is normal to stress alot when you are pregnant after a loss. Pregnancy after loss is one of the most hardest things I have ever been through, it is full of mixed emotions I think. I feel more comfy now though than I did in the early days, and I feel more comfy with each day that passes.

I am sure baby will be fine hun, I cant wait to hear an update after your u/s :)

.x~KAT~x. April 7th, 2009 05:33 AM

good luck with your US looking forward to hearing all about it! It is so tough being preggo after losses, but it does get easier x

IAMommy April 7th, 2009 05:43 AM

I hope everything goes well at you u/s today and you see a beautiful h/b. I personally think that the dopplers in the Dr. office can be very evil devices. Twice my dr. tried to find the heartbeat and couldn't. Once at 11 weeks and again at 16 weeks, but u/s picked up the h/b right away. Both times I felt like dying inside unitl the u/s. It is the scariest feeling, and I am so sorry they made you wait a whole day for an u/s. Of course you are a stress head, anyone would be. Lot of Hugs for you.

ohhhhh.....and Congratulations and WELCOME to PAL!! I'm so glad you joined us!!!

Danielley08 April 7th, 2009 07:55 AM

The best thing about PAL is that no matter how crazy you think you are...when you come in here and talk to us...we will ensure that you are completely NORMAL!!...Some women feel safer after they pass their loss point...others of us worry up until the day we see that baby screaming in our arms...after my first loss, I was in the first group...with this pregnancy I am in the second group...I'm even starting to feel her move and I'm still finding myself freaking out...

My doc's tech could also not find the h/b at my 12w appt...talk about FREAKED me out...but then she did a bedside u/s and there she was...happy and content as always...ends up I have an anterior placenta and even now if they don't place the doppler just right they can't pick it up...needless to say its probably best for my sanity that I never invested in an at home doppler...

I hope you stick around and keep us all updated on your new little blessing...we'll def be saying prayers for you!!!

L-SBB April 7th, 2009 09:06 AM

Yay Kalene's here!! I hope your u/s appointment goes/went great today - can't wait for your update!!

klt April 7th, 2009 10:52 AM

Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and your U/S! I can't wait to here your update!!!! Come on baby, show us that little h/b! KUP as soon as you get back!

Enchanted Mumma April 7th, 2009 03:55 PM

Thank you so much Ladies!! You guys are so awesome...I'm sitting here in tears!!
I am SO scared right now...I hardly slept a wink last night. I'll update you when I get home...4 hours to go.

~Laurie~ April 7th, 2009 04:36 PM

I'm sorry you're so stressed out. I agree with everyone else, the dopplers in the dr.'s office are unreliable. :dothug:

Melanie0507 April 7th, 2009 04:39 PM

I hope your appt goes well! Please update us when you can!

klt April 7th, 2009 05:24 PM

Still sending prayers :) Any update yet? Please let us know :)