JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Can't sleep (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1531000-cant-sleep.html)

kellyanne April 22nd, 2009 05:36 AM

Can't sleep

I'm up in the middle of the night having stupid Braxton Hicks. I didn't have them at all really with DD and this time around they seem to be almost constant. I'm not even sure if they would have woken me up (DD woke up crying, then DH came home from my brother's 21st) but they are keeping me from falling back asleep. I don't want to be stupid and not go in when I should....especially since there is no NICU here and I'd have to be transported if I really did go into labor....but I also don't want to spend the night in L&D for no good reason.

IAMommy April 22nd, 2009 05:42 AM

Re: Can't sleep

Huggs!! Call your Dr and see what he has to say. I had a similar problem after I had my fall. I woke up a few times one night to bh, and when I finially got up in the morning they were bad enough I had to sit down through them. I called the Dr., and he said to put my feet up, drink some water and try to rest for a bit. I rested for that AM, and the contractions did slow WAY down to the point I felt OK to go to work.

When in doubt call......I hope this is not real labor for you. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

princesskate April 22nd, 2009 07:09 AM

:dothug: I hope you are ok x

L-SBB April 22nd, 2009 07:56 AM

HUGS Kelly...hope everything's ok and the contractions stopped....

Danielley08 April 22nd, 2009 08:02 AM

I know its tough to try and relax with a toddler in the house...but maybe give her some coloring books and let her watch lots of cartoons today and try to take it easy...tell DH that NO housework will be done today and he can expect McD's for dinner :D momma needs her rest!

Melanie0507 April 22nd, 2009 08:07 AM

Are they enough to stop you in your tracks? How close?

I guess I would say that you've done this whole baby thing before :) , so if you are concerned, I would call the doctor.

Please KUP

mspkids April 22nd, 2009 08:19 AM

I've been dealing with BH for over 10 weeks now. My OB said if they get stronger than 6 per hour, to stop whatever I'm doing and try to get up to 32 ounces of fluids into me.

I find if I'm in bed, I move to my rocking chair and put my feet up and sit and drink the fluids. Half the time, it's dehyration causing them. The other half are just over doing it.

Though after 3 hours, I usually cave and go into the office for a check. It's a PIA however I would rather be safe than have a premi

kellyanne April 22nd, 2009 08:48 AM

Thanks for your input ladies. I got a little bit of sleep, but when I woke up I was still having them. They don't necessarily stop me in my tracks, but the do kinda catch my breath if you KWIM. I'm almost certain it is not labor...and I have been fighting dehydration this entire pregnancy so its probably related to that. I'm drinking and drinking right now. I'm planning to call the office when they open. My regular appointment is tomorrow (right before I'm supposed to leave for 10 days), but maybe they'll see me today instead.

And Danielle, it gets worse than one toddler in the house....I have two. I watch my nephew who is 1 1/2 and is a moose. I swear when I do go into labor it will be from picking him up!