JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Is this crazy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/154354-crazy.html)

beck12 February 18th, 2006 08:32 PM

Of course, due to my history & the recent news of my Dh's chromosomal problem, I am hyper paranoid. I check my boobs all the time to make sure they are still sore, I go to the restroom sometimes just to check for blood, etc, etc. I was thinking that since my HcG #'s were 10 on Weds, 37 on Fri, could I take a HPT that is less sensitive, like one that tests 50 & one that tests 100...to help myself feel better until Tues gets here & I get my next set of #'s from the Dr? Do you think it's nuts? Do you think it might reassure me???? I would think it would if that's fairly accurate....

Feedback would be great - thanks.

LeedaRenee February 19th, 2006 06:49 AM

Well, I did that myself when I found out I was pg. I used the first response initially and then went out and bought one that was less sensitive. When do you go back to get your levels checked again? If you're anything like me, you've already bought the test. I dont think the ladies in this forum can help but be paranoid. I think it might reassure you to take a test, and no, I dont think you're nuts. Just please if it doesn't come back positive, dont freak out. Let us know if you do test.

thirdtimesacharm February 19th, 2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Well, I did that myself when I found out I was pg. I used the first response initially and then went out and bought one that was less sensitive. When do you go back to get your levels checked again? If you're anything like me, you've already bought the test. I dont think the ladies in this forum can help but be paranoid. I think it might reassure you to take a test, and no, I dont think you're nuts. Just please if it doesn't come back positive, dont freak out. Let us know if you do test.[/b]
I agree w/ Renee! You are in no way, shape or form NUTS! So don't think that way! :dothug:

Sally

SpugsLady February 20th, 2006 01:43 AM

Sorry your going through this. But i keep doing this too, i keep making unecissary(sp?) trips to the toilet just to check for blood, i also keep checking boobs to see if they are getting darker or more tender and i keep prodding at my tummy to see if theres any changes.

I guess were just paranoid that the same will happen all over again :( I hate being like this it's a living hell, theres not many people i can talk to in person who really understand, fair enough my mum and sister have both been through it, and i only think its a genetic thing anyway but it feels like still nobody understands. Hope we all start to feel better soon :rolleyes:

Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy February 20th, 2006 03:04 AM

No, you sound like me in my first trimester. It's normal for someone who has miscarried. I know what's going threw your mind. I quit doing this the 6th week when I got severe nausea and vomiting and was in the hospital. I didn't worry anymore bc I was so sick and my horomone levels Hcg levels were a little higher than they were suppose to be. It's ironic, I didn't have these symptomes with my m/c then I look for symptoms and I get hit with them badly. :wacko:

babies February 20th, 2006 07:22 AM

yay! numbers are rising. I know how you feel and obsessing is complketely normal!! (((HUGS)))

one more day and you will know new #'s right.

good luck Beck!

hopin4a4rth February 20th, 2006 04:02 PM

That's how I was too... So nope, you're not nuts. :dothug: