JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   glucose test failed (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1580091-glucose-test-failed.html)

cherryblossom88 May 30th, 2009 03:33 PM

glucose test failed

so i failed as the title says.
i have to take the three hour one monday at 10am. the doctor told me the cut off was 130 and my numberswere 135.
this stinks

klt May 30th, 2009 03:50 PM

Re: glucose test failed

Dang! I have failed the first one before and then came through the second with flying colors! I hope the same happens for you. I have mine in 3 weeks for this PG. The doc said to make sure I don't skip breakfast. Right, skip a meal? Yeah...tHAT's not gonna happen!

Keep us posted. Hopefully the numbers were so close that when you do the next one you'll be in the normal range. Ewwwww. I hope you don't get the orange flavored drink. Orange is the worst!

madmum_sarah May 30th, 2009 04:03 PM

im sorry hun but hopefully you will pass the next one no problem.
i never had them done before but due to finding extra fluid when in hospital they did a random test on me thinking i would fail and i passed shocking everyone!
i really hope you can do it this time
xx

cherryblossom88 May 30th, 2009 04:08 PM

thank you ladies!
im really hoping i pass too;) lol oh my hospital only does the coke looking one no orange so i am safe

Mommy2Makenna May 31st, 2009 04:56 AM

So sorry you failed the first test. Good luck on passing the next one.

..Red.. May 31st, 2009 09:07 AM

I have no idea when I might do one. My old OB never mentioned it (and kelty I'm ahead of you!) and I start seeing a new OB in June, so who knows! I am not looking forward to not eating though. :(

IAMommy June 1st, 2009 07:16 AM

ohh, that stinks that you have to drink that nasty stuff again!! I hope you pass with flying colors on Monday - I'll be tinking about you. KUP with results.

katiegirl June 1st, 2009 07:19 AM

Oh man that stinks, the cut off at my Dr is 140. You would think it would be universal.

Good luck with your 3hr test today.

jenn27 June 1st, 2009 08:28 AM

I'm sorry your failed the first one but don't be to discouraged. Alot of people fail the first and pass the second with flying colors. Good luck and let us know when you get the results.

mom 2 haley & tyler June 1st, 2009 08:34 AM

G/L today with the 3 hour test. I hated taking that......just sitting there for 3 hours was boring enough. I hope you pass.

Pitridge June 1st, 2009 08:46 AM

I'm sorry you did not pass, I hope you pass the next one with flying color.