JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Glucose screening test and appt today...updated #8 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1615424-glucose-screening-test-and-appt-today-updated-8-a.html)

klt June 29th, 2009 08:08 AM

Glucose screening test and appt today...updated #8

I get to drink the yucky stuff today! I'm not really worried, I just don't want to fail it and have to do the 3 hr test. I know that the risk of GD is higher because of my age. I guess we'll see. I AM excited to hear the h/b again today. It was 150 the last two times. I bet it drops into the 130s or 140s today (like my other PGs did at this point). I'll update when I get back. Baby is moving a ton this AM, so, I'm not as worried about my appointment as I normally am...it feels good!

Pitridge June 29th, 2009 08:47 AM

Re: Glucose screening test and appt today

Good luck today, I hope you pass so that you don't have to do the 3hr test.

princesskate June 29th, 2009 10:02 AM

Good luck at your appointments today hun! I hope you pass the glucose test, I had mine last week and it was no fun.

IAMommy June 29th, 2009 11:05 AM

Hope you pass!!! You'll have to let us know what flavor it was...I'm always curious. Mine was sprite flavored and clear.

Have fun hearing your lo h/b!!

~Angela~ June 29th, 2009 11:16 AM

Good luck! Glad your feeling good!

cherryblossom88 June 29th, 2009 11:41 AM

good luck with the test. i hope you have agreat apT!!!

mom 2 haley & tyler June 29th, 2009 12:14 PM

G/L I hope you pass! We want to hear all about the appt when u get back.

klt June 29th, 2009 05:38 PM

OK...so I got the flavor I like the least... orange. But, it wasn't bad. The nurse didn't give it to me when I came in so I ended up waiting an extra hour after my appointment. But, I brought a book. Not a big deal. I was hoping to get the results this afternoon. I haven't heard anything. I'm sure they'll call me in the AM. And, I heard my little bugger's h/b. As I figured, it was between 137 and 145. (just like my boys) Everything looks good. I'm measuring correctly and the baby was moving all over. Pretty uneventful. And, for that I am soooo thankful.

Updated ...again! I got a call from my OB tonight. My levels are normal. But, the reason I'm so tired is because I'm anemic again. Dang it! Nothing severe, just need to take some iron. Everything else looks good. yay!

Pitridge June 30th, 2009 08:39 AM

Re: Glucose screening test and appt today...updated #8

Kelty that happened to me too, I was anemic and I had to take Iron for the reminder of the pg, did they suggested what kind of iron to take? My doctor suggested a low release iron that was gently on your stomach. I think it was called Slow Fe. I'm glad your levels are normal!:clap:

~Angela~ June 30th, 2009 08:42 AM

Glad your levels are good!

princesskate June 30th, 2009 09:58 AM

Im glad your levels were normal hun :cheer:

katiegirl June 30th, 2009 10:04 AM

It's always nice to have an uneventful appointment.
I am anemic as well and have to take Iron supplements, they gave me samples for Ferralet 90. I guess it is a pretty expensive prescription so she just said to find a slow release or "anti-constipating" OTC supplement to use.

mom 2 haley & tyler June 30th, 2009 10:26 AM

I'm glad they were normal. I too was anemic and had to take iron supplements. Yay for a great appt and the h/b!

PixieQueen June 30th, 2009 01:44 PM

Yay for an uneventful appt! Sorry about being anemic though.

mary30 June 30th, 2009 02:01 PM

Yeah ,I am glad that your numbers are normal.....

cherryblossom88 June 30th, 2009 05:13 PM

yay!! for no gb!!!!

im anemic also

klt June 30th, 2009 10:35 PM

They said to use Slow Fe or something that is slow release. I'll get it tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me everyone! It's so nice to be able to talk about even the uneventful appointments with other mommies!