JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   had midiwfe today (shocked!) xposted (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/1620763-had-midiwfe-today-shocked-xposted.html)

madmum_sarah July 3rd, 2009 09:31 AM

had midiwfe today (shocked!) xposted

well, as you know i have been in labour, stopped, had head slightly engage then come out again but one thing that has continued (apart from the pain) is the contractions stopping and starting!
well, today was just a quick check before she gives me a membrane sweep next sat ready for the induction on the monday but when she checked me over we got a nice surprise, baby is ENGAGED!!!!! 3-4/5THS!!!!!!
my last 3 have never engaged. they just came out after labour was full on and we expected this one to be the same as s/he kept teasing. i had told the midwife about the contractions but said they werent doing anything cos im still here and she just turned to me and said "well, they are doing something cos baby is well on the way!" :D
so i have been told to continue what im doing (relaxing in bath for 30-45 mins then sitting on my birthing ball which i do mainly to ease my back and pelvis!) but she doesnt think i will be needing my induction date at this rate (remember this is baby number 6 for me so its unusual for them to engage this early!)
so finally i have some good news. ok, there is a very small chance i could still get to the 13th and be induced but a much higher chance that wont be the case!
so if any of you have any spare labour vibes then PLEASE send them this way :D
xxx

IAMommy July 3rd, 2009 10:00 AM

Re: had midiwfe today (shocked!) xposted

Lots of Labor Vibes for you Sarah...Hope your lo makes it's appearance soon!!

mary30 July 3rd, 2009 10:36 AM

Wow I can not believe you are this far along ... I hope your baby makes a surprise visit

princesskate July 3rd, 2009 11:00 AM

Lots of labour vibes coming your way! :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

szczepanski July 4th, 2009 01:04 PM

I hope things are still progressing today!!!!!!

klt July 5th, 2009 07:12 PM

That is great news Sarah! I hope things continue to progress and your pain continues to be manageable! Come on little glow worm. It's getting close to the time we want to meet you.
Labor vibes heading your way! Keep us posted. I'm so excited for you. Yay!

madmum_sarah July 6th, 2009 01:33 AM

thanks girls
it looks like this little horror is going to continue being as stubborn as his/her daddy though :(
ive been getting very crampy and a lot of back pain but nothing else :(
yesterday i scrubbed the whole of downstairs and bathroom, spent 2 hours on my birthing ball but im still here. the only thing to show for all my hard work..... frozen hip! i cant even walk today cos its so blinking sore!
oh well, if nothing else i just have to remember i have 1 weeks til my induction date! :D
xxx

katiegirl July 6th, 2009 05:56 AM

1 week!!
That is so exciting, I can't wait for you Sarah.

Pitridge July 6th, 2009 08:45 AM

Labor vibes going your way!!!!!!!!
OMG I can't believe it any day now, I'm so excited!

.x~KAT~x. July 6th, 2009 09:03 AM

tons of ELVs for you!!! i cant wait to hear all about your easy labour xxxx

mom 2 haley & tyler July 6th, 2009 10:44 AM

OMG Sarah! I can not wait to meet glow worm. I feel like you just got your bfp. Where does the time go? Easy labor vibes to you honey! I'll say a prayer for you and glow worm. Lots of love headed your way.