JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Boring appointment today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2272086-boring-appointment-today.html)

shen7 March 10th, 2011 11:49 AM

Boring appointment today

I had my 1-hour glucose tolerance test today, and I passed with flying colors!! Yay! I still have good low blood pressure, I've gained a good amount of weight (now I'm finally RIGHT where I'm supposed to be, after losing a lot of weight in the 1st tri), and my fundal height is right on track too. The only blip in my bloodwork was slight anemia (hemocrit ~33), which is actually a pretty normal number for me when I'm not pregnant, but I know I should probably step up my cardio a bit and be even more religious about taking my iron supplement. I'm a little more paranoid than the average woman about my blood levels and blood loss... so I will be working on having an awesome hemocrit # by the time my due date rolls around.

Baby was shifting all over, the doctor was chasing her around with the Doppler, hehe. The machine was having trouble giving a heart rate with all the moving around, the first number he said was 150ish, but then he got a couple more readings more like 130s or 140s... whatever. It all seemed fine and he was pleased. She's kicking and stretching in there all the time these days, so that's very reassuring too.

He also checked my cervix just as a standard precaution to make sure I wasn't secretly having preterm labor. It was really far back, posterior, and shut up tight, so that was good. I'll have my first "real" dilation check at 36 weeks.

I go back in 2 weeks. I'm on the biweekly schedule now! So next one will be 30 wks, then 32, 34, 36, and then it will go to weekly checkups until delivery. :eek: So close!!!!

8miraclez March 11th, 2011 08:29 PM

Re: Boring appointment today

Wow, you are getting so close. I can't believe how the time is flying, for everyone else :)

JessP March 12th, 2011 11:43 AM

Wow you are getting so close. Glad you passed your test that is great :). You must be so excited.

shen7 March 12th, 2011 01:42 PM

Thanks guys :) Yes, I'm really really glad that everything looks good right now... I can feel the beginnings of the late-stage jitters, worrying about all the things that can go wrong in labor or at the end of pregnancy, but it doesn't feel too immediate yet. The good appointment rested many of my fears of developing common 3rd tri complications, so now I just have to worry about the more unusual problems. :rolleyes: I'm trying to stay busy, which helps keep my mind off those anxieties. Luckily we've started a whole bunch of major home improvement projects that now have a STRICT timeline, so I will have plenty to keep me busy!!!!

Rebecca, it doesn't seem that fast to me... but then I can't believe you're almost 20 weeks, that's awesome!!!! I think other people's pregnancies always go by faster, for some reason ;)

RoadToDallas March 14th, 2011 03:00 PM

mine are always so boring. im going by weekly too omg i cant believe we are both so farr!!

mom2moose March 14th, 2011 04:42 PM

Wow! You're so close now! I'm glad you had a good appt. I always love boring ones. I stress out for 2 days before them, then I'm in and out in 10 minutes. LOL

So happy everything looks good for you!! :)