JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Tentatively Introducing Myself.. Updated!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2277437-tentatively-introducing-myself-updated.html)

SkyBaby March 16th, 2011 10:26 AM

Tentatively Introducing Myself.. Updated!!

We lost our first Angel at somewhere between 4-5 weeks about a year and eight months ago. I got my bfp today. I was thinking "Ok I'll wake up now and test and just go back to bed. It'll be negative anyways." Well, I got a second line right away. I was only half awake, so I thought I was dreaming when that second line popped up.

I'll have to admit now I'm getting a bit nervous, but I guess that's natural. AF was due today. I'm cramping a little. Just little tinges really. Kinda different from AF cramps. I have a week to go before we reach our milestone with this bean. With my angel, I found out I was pregnant, and a week later miscarried. Some minutes I'm more nervous than excited and other moments I'm more excited than nervous. Am I nuts or is this normal?

Thanks for reading.. sorry it got a bit long.

Edited to add: Is it safe to chew sugar free gum while pregnant? Chewing gum really helps to chew me down. I wont if it's unsafe. Would gum with real sugar be better?

Edited to add: UPDATE

Just told DH.. He just got the biggest fit the giggles. We held each other and laughed and I cried and yeah.. good day. I had to wait through a four hour shift and didn't say a word. You ladies knew before DH. DH walked in the door a little bit ago, I showed him the test and he was like "Wow! That's a nice strong line for this early! I think that's a good sign." He's so happy and I am too.

mom2moose March 16th, 2011 10:31 AM

Re: Tentatively Introducing Myself..

Congrats and Welcome!!

What you're feeling is totally normal. I felt the same way. And the cramping is normal for pregnancy too. I know how hard it is to be happy, and not as scared. I'm 13 weeks and STILL scared. LOL

I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months!! :)

onedaysoon March 16th, 2011 10:57 AM

Welcome and congrats again!

It's completely normal, at least I hope so, else we're all nuts here! I'm 12 weeks and still have quite a bit of anxiety from time to time...and days of complete happiness and security. It's a crazy trip, but one I love to take!

SkyBaby March 16th, 2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onedaysoon (Post 23363784)
Welcome and congrats again!

It's completely normal, at least I hope so, else we're all nuts here! I'm 12 weeks and still have quite a bit of anxiety from time to time...and days of complete happiness and security. It's a crazy trip, but one I love to take!

That's a relief. lol I gotta get through 4 hours of work without telling anyone.. lol I promised dh I'd tell him first this time around.

JessP March 16th, 2011 11:09 AM

Re: Tentatively Introducing Myself.. (Another question..)

What you are feeling is totally normal. Those milestones are the hardest. I am going through one now :(. Congratulations and welcome. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

8miraclez March 16th, 2011 12:44 PM

It's totally normal to be nervous. Heck, I'm still nervous. Just try and enjoy every moment that you have and not worry about what what may or may not happen.
As for the gum... try to avoid anything with sachrine, there is some debate over it and a bunch of lab rats. Everything else is fine.

stargatemommy March 16th, 2011 12:48 PM

Worrying is normal. Hopefully you can find something to take your mind off of it, because unfortunately worrying makes the time crawl!

Regular gum would be better, but sugar free isn't horrible....

ohnicole March 16th, 2011 06:26 PM

Re: Tentatively Introducing Myself.. Updated!!

:grats:

Like the others said, the worries are normal. I am so hoping this is your sticky bean! :excited:

missy123 March 16th, 2011 07:27 PM

That is a super special moment you and DH had! I don't know how you kept the secret so long.

JessP March 16th, 2011 09:47 PM

That is great you and DH had such a wonderful moment together. I am so happy for you both.

shen7 March 17th, 2011 09:00 AM

Aw, that's so cute. :) Congratulations and I wish you a very H&H 9 months!!!

hearts.0nfire March 17th, 2011 09:48 AM

Congrats and welcome! I hope you have a very H&H 9 months!