JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   movement question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2279430-movement-question.html)

JessP March 18th, 2011 09:17 AM

movement question

Ok this is going to sound dumb but with our first loss I really thought I was feeling movement and it turned out I wasn't :(.
So is it supposed to be more like flutters or is it more like jabs or is it something totally different?
I think I might be feeling some movements here or there and they seem to be the right region but I just don't know. I feel like a freak.

When did you start feeling movement?

mom2moose March 18th, 2011 09:22 AM

Re: movement question

Right now, I feel just flutters. And like only once every couple days or so. At least, I THINK it's the baby. LOL And I just started feeling something like 2 weeks ago.

onedaysoon March 18th, 2011 09:45 AM

I'm not sure if I've felt anything yet...I had one moment earlier in the week where I thought MAYBE...and I'm still not sure either.

With DD I was only around 15 weeks I think (I remember it was near mother's day)

stargatemommy March 18th, 2011 09:56 AM

I started feeling flutters around 15 weeks, but I couldn't for sure say they were movement..... They might have been digestive gurgles.

I felt my first undeniable movement at 18 weeks and it was a jab. I am a first timer though and I have an anterior placenta.... So I am really not much help....

momof8lopez March 18th, 2011 10:03 AM

I felt itty bitty movements at 10.5wk with Mia........If you think your feeling something, chances at this point, you are!!

ashj_1218 March 18th, 2011 10:31 AM

I absolutely feel this baby now. And have been for a week or so. I know it is the baby because I also find the heartbeat right in the same place I feel the movements. They are like someone taking a pen point and VERY, VERY lightly tracing inside my belly (like right where the bump starts, sorta at the top of the "hair area" :tmi:).

I felt Liam at 16 weeks with an anterior placenta and him being my first. It doesn't surprise me I am feeling movement with this one. My mom felt movements with both her second and third child by 10 weeks.

JessP March 18th, 2011 10:43 AM

Thanks ladies. I don't know that I trust it yet but it is exciting to think I am feeling baby move about.

mom2moose March 18th, 2011 10:56 AM

So this is funny: I comment on this, go and sit down to eat (of course) and watch TV, and BOOM, I felt a little KICK!! Not a flutter but an actual kick. And I know it wasn't gas. It felt just like the beginning with DD. I'm super pumped, can you tell????? :D LOL

hearts.0nfire March 18th, 2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2moose (Post 23386293)
So this is funny: I comment on this, go and sit down to eat (of course) and watch TV, and BOOM, I felt a little KICK!! Not a flutter but an actual kick. And I know it wasn't gas. It felt just like the beginning with DD. I'm super pumped, can you tell????? :D LOL

That's awesome!!!

With dd it felt like little flutters at first and then at 17 weeks 6 days I felt her actually kick me and it was like a jab. I so can't wait to feel that again. :)

JessP March 18th, 2011 05:42 PM

I have had little jabs this week. But was only expecting flutters so I wasn't sure if I was crazy. I feel better now.

L-SBB March 19th, 2011 11:45 AM

i wasn't certain i had felt movement until around 16 weeks or so, but once i was positive of what it was, I realized I had noticed it a bit earlier (maybe at 14 weeks or so). The early movement to me felt like fluttery bubbles...but within a month it was small jabs...and then really HARD jabs :D

SillyKitty March 19th, 2011 06:44 PM

With my first I felt flutters around 16 weeks or so. With my second, I remember purposely lying on my belly and trying to feel something around 15.5 weeks, and that's when I felt the first flutters. I'm positive I didn't feel anything before that. I will be surprised if I feel something before that with this one, but of course I am already getting a little bump that I didn't get until about 14-15 weeks last time.

8miraclez March 19th, 2011 07:21 PM

I felt flutters this time around at 12 weeks but I wasn't sure if what I was feeling was the baby or gas bubbles. I'm still not sure because they both felt the same. I don't think I knew for sure until 16 but can now definitely feel movement.

AZsnowflake March 19th, 2011 08:35 PM

With DS I had "popcorn pops" at 12 weeks in my VERY lower region (right by my pubic bone it was so low) and the Dr said that was about all I would be able to feel at 12 weeks. I guess "normal" (based on web readings) are not feeling movement til 18-22 weeks for the FIRST time! But I started feeling little jabs, and eventually kicks at 15/16 weeks. I didn't feel anything from the first time I had the popcorn until then though.

shen7 March 20th, 2011 07:07 AM

I guess I'm more "normal" :lol: I didn't feel anything until ~18 weeks, but then it was actual jabs that you could feel with your hand through my belly, halfway between my belly button and pubic bone. We just felt it once or twice, and that was it for over a week... then I started feeling little pokes occasionally that got increasingly strong. But not every day. It was a long long time until I felt any movement that was at all "regular" - probably just in the past few weeks! - so my advice is, it's great to feel some early movement, but just don't be surprised if it's VERY intermittent!!!!

Also, I have a partially anterior placenta. So I only ever felt movement in a certain area, pretty low down, until the past couple of weeks.

JessP March 20th, 2011 07:20 AM

This is my fifth pregnancy so it doesn't surprise me if I feel movement sooner. I really should try to ignore it because it is more intermittent and I don't want to worry myself.

..Penelope.. March 22nd, 2011 09:08 AM

Yay for feeling movement!!

At first it was flutters, and I definitely wasn't sure that it was baby at first. Then as he got stronger, it just kept changing :)