JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Heartbeat still there!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2279822-heartbeat-still-there.html)

JessP March 18th, 2011 05:52 PM

Heartbeat still there!!

Ok I probably seem like a paranoid freak but yes I went in for a heartbeat check today :).
She tried the doppler and we thought baby was hiding. So she got the u/s. I of course started panicing saying I don't see the heartbeat, do you see the heartbeat? DH and Rachael (nurse) told me to relax :). They did see it fluttering away and showed me so I could stop panicking :(. I feel like such a freak. I might see how far into next week I can get before I panic and need another check LOL. But we got to see baby. He/she was sleeping away right in the middle of my tummy. But when she was looking with the doppler she was probably pushing him/her upwards which is why we couldn't find it. She was looking lower. Next week should be easier :P. I am just glad we are doing so good and the heart was fluttering away.

shen7 March 18th, 2011 06:54 PM

Re: Heartbeat still there!!

:) Glad you got to see your little bub again!!! And that the h/b is good. I'm so glad you can get reassurance whenever you want, your office is so nice!

hearts.0nfire March 18th, 2011 07:22 PM

That's great that you got to see baby and hear the hb. I panicked like that a lot too with dd which is why i bought a doppler and it definitely brought me relief.

missy123 March 18th, 2011 07:38 PM

I am glad you got to see your babies heartbeat today Jess! How are you able to talk them into doing it so often for you? I think it is great.

stargatemommy March 18th, 2011 08:00 PM

I am glad everything went well! Don't bad for panicking... I still do it! Maybe you should rent or buy a doppler... I didn't because I knew I would panick if I didn't find it, but I suppose if you find it at home you are good and if you don't you can go in for a hb check

JessP March 18th, 2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missy123 (Post 23390730)
I am glad you got to see your babies heartbeat today Jess! How are you able to talk them into doing it so often for you? I think it is great.

My OB office is amazing and they have been with me through both losses. My nurse sent me a card last time since she was off work having surgery. She is a friend of mine on FB now after our second loss. But she is of the mind set treat others as you would want to be treated. She asked me Wednesday if I wanted to see baby :). She is great and the office is so accommodating and understanding. I feel very lucky.

I refuse to rent a doppler. Because I know it would be 9pm and I would freak out, not sleep and be at the ER :(. I would rather just go in as needed and let the experts do it. That way if they don't find it, I get the u/s immediately. They have one in the office.

momof8lopez March 19th, 2011 05:53 AM

Yaaaae for seeing baby again, and of course the h/b!! Your almost through your milestones.........go in as many times as it takes to keep you sane. You have earned the right to be a "freak" lol!!!

ohnicole March 19th, 2011 06:51 AM

Yay! I'm so glad you got to hear the h/b again! :D

StaceygirlPa March 19th, 2011 07:43 AM

Jess, I have been following you also. I am so happy your Dr office is so nice. I am so happy you got to see your baby again and see the heartbeat.

L-SBB March 19th, 2011 11:41 AM

yay for lovely baby hb!! glad everything is fine! I had big scare going in around 11-12 weeks for the first doppler and OB had a LOT of trouble picking up the heartbeat...so I totally understand that panicky feeling, but sometimes the lil stinkers are just hiding :p

mom2moose March 19th, 2011 06:16 PM

I'm glad you went in, and I'm glad you got some peace of mind! I love your OB's office!! It's tougher for you than some, because you had late losses, so by no means are you a freak for going in.. It's awesome they are so willing to give you reassurance!! :)

SillyKitty March 19th, 2011 06:34 PM

Glad you got to hear it, and what a great office!