JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   OMG Freaking out!!! Please help! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2287232-omg-freaking-out-please-help.html)

~*~Jen~*~ March 27th, 2011 10:24 AM

OMG Freaking out!!! Please help!

Ok so I'm not sure if I should be freaking out or not, but I AM! So I took another pregnancy test this morning for "just in case" and it said positive but one of the lines was lighter than the other...and the first test I took both lines were dark pink!!! Ahhhhh what does this mean?!?!?! So many things are going through my head! I have a dr appt on tues and the last thing I want is for them to tell me those God awful words (we all know what I mean) ugh....please help! :(

mom2moose March 27th, 2011 10:27 AM

Re: OMG Freaking out!!! Please help!

A pregnancy test isn't a good monitor of "how" pregnant you are. A lot of variables come into play. Like, how concentrated your urine was. Or what time of the day you took the test. These things, and other things, could make the line darker or lighter. The same thing happened to me at about 5 weeks. (I couldn't stop myself from testing. LOL) And everything turned out fine for me so far. Take a couple deep breathes, put the pregnancy tests away, and try to relax. I know it's hard. But thankfully, Tuesday is only 2 days away!! Good luck hun!! :)

JessP March 27th, 2011 10:30 AM

Please stop testing, it will only drive you crazy. At this point there are a lot of things that affect a pregnancy test and at some point you stop spilling HCG into your urine like you did before. So you can't take an HPT and get the same results. Different tests, different times of day all go into it as well. If you are concerned your best bet is to talk to your dr. Sorry you are freaking out. But the test doesn't mean you are having a m/c so that is the good news.

missy123 March 27th, 2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2moose (Post 23468087)
A pregnancy test isn't a good monitor of "how" pregnant you are. A lot of variables come into play. Like, how concentrated your urine was. Or what time of the day you took the test. These things, and other things, could make the line darker or lighter. The same thing happened to me at about 5 weeks. (I couldn't stop myself from testing. LOL) And everything turned out fine for me so far. Take a couple deep breathes, put the pregnancy tests away, and try to relax. I know it's hard. But thankfully, Tuesday is only 2 days away!! Good luck hun!! :)

Ditto! and with you being 7 weeks along you could also be having the "hook effect" where when your levels get to a certain point the pregnancy tests come back negative.

((hugs)) I know how stressful this can be.

JessP March 27th, 2011 11:01 AM

Jen I bumped the post for the hook effect information. I would imagine that is what is happening.