JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   For those further along . . . . (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2294376-for-those-further-along.html)

mom2moose April 4th, 2011 11:50 AM

For those further along . . . .

Or for those who already had a baby and remembers: At what week did you start feeling movement EVERY day. Maybe not enough to keep count or anything, but you for sure felt something every day? I can't remember when it was with Moose. But this time, I barely feel anything. I have an anterior placenta (I think that's what it's called. Placenta on top of baby?) so maybe that's why, but I thought I would be feeling more with this being my 3rd pregnancy. :confused:

I REALLY would like to go in for a heartbeat check, but I'm trying to stay calm. I have an appt. this Monday. That's only 7 days. But, I just don't fell him moving or anything, and it seems like I should. Thanks for any answers ladies!! :)

Shadeauxe April 4th, 2011 12:08 PM

Re: For those further along . . . .

I don't remember, but I found this. Hope it's helpful.

shen7 April 4th, 2011 12:12 PM

Well, it sure as heck was not at 16 weeks! :lol: I have a partially anterior placenta. It's only within the past month that I've started feeling stuff all over rather than in one distinct area lower down.

I first felt movement around 18-19 weeks... I would go days in between feeling anything until I was almost 3rd trimester, like 25 weeks... I think it's only in the past 4 weeks or so that I feel A LOT of movement!

8miraclez April 4th, 2011 01:52 PM

I have an anterior placenta as well and it wasn't until 20wks when I started feeling distinct kicks. Even now, they are down low and only I can feel them (nothing on the outside). I had a hard time finding her heartbeat on doppler too.

tobi4 April 4th, 2011 02:03 PM

I have an anterior placenta as well. At this point I am unable to find a heart beat anymore (Most of the time anyway, Im sure its a result of the placenta getting so big and covering more surface area) and it was just this week that I have been feeling movement everyday. Try not to worry, 16 weeks is still very early to feel anything, let alone consistently. I have seen my tummy move once, from a kick, and felt it with my hand only once as well. Im sure everything is fine!

Brittanie April 4th, 2011 03:14 PM

I don't know for sure but I think I do too. I did with Erin as well. I am feeling movement every day at this point but it's only a small bump here and there, and all down low or on the sides.

JessP April 4th, 2011 08:08 PM

Personally I would get the heartbeat check :). I have an appointment next Tuesday so a week from now and I still went in today for a check. No reason to stress yourself out about it hunny.

mom2moose April 5th, 2011 06:14 AM

Thanks ladies! I feel a bit better. I just never knew anything about the anterior placenta, so I wasn't sure when I should be feeling movement. You've all made me feel better! Thanks! :)

hearts.0nfire April 5th, 2011 10:13 AM

With Darcy the first time I felt movement was 17 weeks 6 days and after that felt her every few days. About 2 weeks after that I would feel at least one small bump from her after that.

BeccaM April 5th, 2011 11:31 AM

I did not really start to feel rumbles/flutters until 19ish weeks. I now feel those movements on a daily basis but no major kicks or punches yet. This is my first.

MamaRN April 6th, 2011 05:58 PM

I had an anterior placenta earlier (think it has since moved) with this pregnancy and I didn't feel any movement until around 17-18 weeks and no regular movement until probably around 23-24 weeks (every day movement).

I figured with this being my 3rd pregnancy (2nd viable pregnancy) I would feel him earlier than my DD but I didn't.

MeggysMommy April 6th, 2011 07:23 PM

With Megan I wasn't feeling consistent movement until about 20wks.