JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Diaper rash creme (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2296536-diaper-rash-creme.html)

JessP April 6th, 2011 04:51 PM

Diaper rash creme

Ok so I figured we could talk about diaper rash cremes :).

What do you like to use and why?

missy123 April 6th, 2011 04:57 PM

Re: Diaper rash creme

There are options?? Back in the day there was Vaseline and desitin.

I am feeling more and more like the grandma sitting in the chair "When I was growing up... uphill both ways..."

mom2moose April 6th, 2011 05:48 PM

. . . . . No shoes . . . . in 3 feet of snow. LOL (Sorry. Couldn't resist.) :)

I mostly used Desitin on Moose. The vaseline like stuff, not the white stuff. She always cried like it hurt with the white stuff. I've also used that Butt Paste stuff, which worked alright. My pedi told me to use Vaseline, that it usually works better than all the other stuff.

missy123 April 6th, 2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2moose (Post 23566048)
. . . . . No shoes . . . . in 3 feet of snow. LOL (Sorry. Couldn't resist.) :)

My pedi told me to use Vaseline, that it usually works better than all the other stuff.

AHA!! See... good ole Vaseline still doing the trick :D

Thanks for the laugh Jenny

JessP April 6th, 2011 06:02 PM

I knew a friend that used Vaseline around the hole after every change and it prevented rashes she said.
I LOVE butt paste. We got it as a joke and it was the best stuff ever. Cleared up the kids within hours.
I think all kids are different as to what works for them.

MamaRN April 6th, 2011 07:00 PM

When DD was really little we used petroleum jelly (vaseline) as a barrier creme, but when she actually had a rash desitin cleared it up quickly. We've tried butt paste and triple paste creams and I always came back to desitin.

ashj_1218 April 6th, 2011 07:56 PM

I am in LOVE with CJ's BUTTer. It is amazing, amazing stuff. We use cloth diapers and it is safe for those. But it is the kind of stuff that I use on my hands, my lips, my heels, etc. It is like a tub of vaseline...but made with shea butter and such other things. And the scents make you want to eat it :)

For really nasty antibiotic rahes...we stick with regular desitin. It clears it up better than anything else. But for everyday stuff, CJ's is our go-to.

Brittanie April 6th, 2011 09:43 PM

I always did Lanolin. Patrick got pretty bad rashes before I figured out that when Parent's Choice changed their diapers to be "more like pampers" that he was suddenly allergic to them. Someone suggested lanolin and since he SCREAMED when I tried to put Desitin on him, I tried it. No fussing other than at the first touch, nothing like with the Desitin, so I've used it ever since.

I've also used Lanolin on some nasty dry skin rashes on got last summer and it was the only thing that helped.

So, yeah, Lanolin's not just for boobies! lol

Shadeauxe April 7th, 2011 07:16 AM

We used Desitin, but since I am more into natural things now, I will probably look into alternatives next time around.

onedaysoon April 7th, 2011 08:11 AM

We use Zincofax and Penaten, but not very often, Danica didn't really have a butt rash issue. In fact, we're still using the same 2 containers from when she was born! lol

L-SBB April 7th, 2011 08:24 AM

Love Boudreaux's butt paste (seriously!)...and definitely get Aquaphor - that stuff is amazing for just any type of skin issue the LO has (including chapped cheeks).

Kary♥RN April 8th, 2011 01:20 PM

Cj's BUTTer! This stuff ROCKS! And is safe for cloth diapers.. and Smells AMAZING! I have the Pink Surgar and just ordered the Monkey Farts.. LOL