JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Older kids and your pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2323891-older-kids-and-your-pregnancy.html)

JessP May 10th, 2011 09:12 AM

Older kids and your pregnancy

Have you told your children about your pregnancy?
How are they doing with it?
If you haven't told them, when will you tell them?
How old are your other children?

Please share any stories you have about your children and your pregnancy and if you have belly shots with your kids that is fun too :).

NsMommy May 10th, 2011 09:38 AM

Re: Older kids and your pregnancy

Have you told your children about your pregnancy? My hubby told him
How are they doing with it? He doesn't know much yet as he is only 3.5 but he seems excited.

shen7 May 10th, 2011 09:40 AM

This is my first.

JessP May 10th, 2011 10:01 AM

We have told our kids.
My son is kind of indifferent.
My daughter is constantly hugging and kissing my belly and wanting to talk to baby girl. I will try to upload a picture tonight of the kids with my belly on Sunday.

*Tracy* May 10th, 2011 10:19 AM

ive not told my kiddos yet, i told them last time and sadly had to tell them the bad news also and m oldest is nearly 6.5 so she nos and gets upset so much too so ive decided to wait till my next scan which is 26th may then im gonna tell them i think i will be 16 weeks by then

m babies are 6 4 and just gone 2

SillyKitty May 10th, 2011 11:29 AM

Have you told your children about your pregnancy? Yep

How are they doing with it? Fine. My younger daughter is very excited, keeps rubbing my tummy. However, she is hoping for a baby brother, so I hope she isn't disappointed if it is a girl. My older daughter is not living at home so hasn't seen me much, but she says she is happy for us.

How old are your other children? DD #1 is 18 and DD #2 is 7

Please share any stories you have about your children and your pregnancy and if you have belly shots with your kids that is fun too :).
Don't have any belly shots with my daughter yet. My 7-year-old didn't get it at first when she read her "I'm going to be a big sister shirt." I asked her what it meant and she said, "it means I'm getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger." LOL

MeganMomof5 May 10th, 2011 02:59 PM

Have you told your children about your pregnancy? yes, I told them right away
How are they doing with it? they are doing great...worried alot...My oldest daughter asks me just about every day if i've heard the baby's heartbeat, and my son talks about our baby that's going to live a lot
How old are your other children? My oldest daughter is going to be 12 next month, I have a 10 1/2 year old (she'll be 11 right before my due date), 8 year old (girl) and our son just turned 5 last month

hubshope May 10th, 2011 05:33 PM

Have you told your children about your pregnancy? Yes I told them right away
How are they doing with it? DS #1 was super excited, he's been asking for another baby for about 2 years now. He keeps kissing my belly and talking to it. DS #2 acts excited, but I don't think at his age he can really grasp what's going on. Both, however, say they want a "baby girl sister" so I keep reminding them we get what God knows we are meant to have.
How old are your other children? They are 6 and 3

Fun Stories: I bought the journal "Making Me" for my 6 year old. He loves doing a page a day. It's in the voice of the baby explaining to him the changes going on with the baby and with Mom. He loves doing it and whenever the "baby" says I love you in it he writes I love you too. The first page gave a spot for him to write a message to the baby. He asked me to leave the room and when I came back he had written: "I feel so happie lick I culd cry. I love you allredie. Come soon." Yes I cried when I read it!

JessP May 10th, 2011 07:10 PM

Sharing my belly shot picture with my DD. DS wasn't to into taking pictures :).

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...k/DSC_0033.jpg