JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   12 week appt update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2327431-12-week-appt-update.html)

AZsnowflake May 14th, 2011 09:36 PM

12 week appt update

So sorry I couldn't get on yesterday and today I was gone all day at a women's retreat! So all went well yesterday but was kinda stressful! First, it started off with the same nurse we had listen to the heartbeat last time when it wasn't there...Of course she is saying all the same things she did before "I'm not really good at this, especially when you're early...the baby is so small at this point..." and my husband is immediately freaking out even though she only tried for like 1 minute. She goes and gets another nurse who searches and searches and searches...meanwhile my husband is filling with tears, taking his glasses off, almost hyperventilating omg it was horrible...all the while I'm sitting there wanting to cry but feel like if I do all hell will break loose and I need to be strong for him! So finally after like 15 minutes (literal, not exaggerating) we hear it for a quick 2 seconds...well me and the nurse hear it but my husband doesn't, and the nurse wants to hear it for longer but she keeps searching and can't find it again. So onto the dr, she tries for like 1 minute and we finally hear that glorious heartbeat for about 30 seconds straight, at which point my husband has color back in his face LOL. Once the nurse had found it for that 2 seconds, I was able to relax because I know what I'm listening for and totally heard it, so I knew it was there but hubby did not hear it at that point yet. So long story short, it took 3 people and 20 minutes but we FINALLY heard that little heartbeat!!!! :) I feel better now and am counting the days to our 18 week u/s to find out the gender!

Asdel May 15th, 2011 01:13 AM

Re: 12 week appt update

wow I am glad everything Came out ok

NsMommy May 15th, 2011 06:06 AM

Oh wow! That would be so stressful! My nurse told me that they don't do the Doppler so early for that very reason. So they will do an ultrasound at 11 weeks. I'm grateful for that!

shen7 May 15th, 2011 06:54 AM

Oh your poor DH!!! :) I'm so glad they were able to find it and you didn't have to wait around for an u/s. And now you're past 12 weeks and have heard a great h/b. Congrats!!!!

mom2moose May 15th, 2011 07:18 AM

Oh man, that sucks it took so long. Geez. I would have hyperventilated!! I'm glad they finally found it! (Next time, I don't think I'd let the nurse who's "no good at it" even try. Then maybe you can skip the stress!!)

ohnicole May 15th, 2011 07:23 PM

What a rollercoaster! But I'm so glad everything turned out perfectly! :excited:

NutMeg76 May 15th, 2011 08:10 PM

Yay! I am glad you were able to hear the HB. I have never heard it at 12 weeks because I am 'fluffy' and have a retroverted uterus.

I think maybe I will skip trying this time around! That might totally stress me out!!!

JessP May 15th, 2011 08:50 PM

Wow that is crazy. Glad it all worked out :). I am glad my DR office would have tried for a few mins then got out the u/s machine :). So wonderful to hear that they heard the heartbeat and you guys are doing good. Come on 2nd trimester.