JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Pregnancy Confessions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2328786-pregnancy-confessions.html)

JessP May 16th, 2011 04:23 PM

Pregnancy Confessions

Yes I stole this idea :).

Lets hear them ladies. What are your pregnancy confessions?
Examples drinking caffeine everyday.

Jessica121706 May 16th, 2011 04:27 PM

Re: Pregnancy Confessions

I drink coffee occassionally but my biggest OH NO is I crave those kiddie lunchables (you know the crackers,cheese, and LUNCHMEAT) gasp. I try to stick to no lunchmeat but those lunchables are hard to resist lol

~Laurie~ May 16th, 2011 05:07 PM

I drink coffee every morning (one large cup), but I gave up soda and stuff so I think it's OK. I also CRAVE deli meat, but I resist. :p

mom2moose May 16th, 2011 05:10 PM

I didn't do the caffiene thing in the 1st trimester, but since hitting the 2nd, I usually have a 32 ounce Pepsi every day. And I don't feel bad about it. I also eat lunch meat, occasionally.

missy123 May 16th, 2011 05:23 PM

I drank sweet iced tea the other day which has caffeine in it but for the most part I have been so good.... boring!

8miraclez May 16th, 2011 05:52 PM

I had to take my dd to an eye appt today so while I was out, I stayed extra long and sat at mcdonalds drinking a smoothie instead of rushing back home to bed. Any excuse to be up.

missy123 May 16th, 2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfbaked (Post 23912071)
I had to take my dd to an eye appt today so while I was out, I stayed extra long and sat at mcdonalds drinking a smoothie instead of rushing back home to bed. Any excuse to be up.

Yum! Smoothie.

MeganMomof5 May 16th, 2011 06:08 PM

I don't have much to confess...I stopped drinking coffee and dr pepper untill a few weeks ago I started drinking a half of a cup of coffee every morning (just half of my travel mug)...In the past I lived off of pop and junk, so I figure that little bit is just fine now that i'm into my 2nd trimester...Other than that, I don't do anything...I haven't even had lunch meat!

JessP May 16th, 2011 09:48 PM

Wow you ladies are soooo good :).
I have a 16oz soda a day :)
I have lunch meat at least once a month which is down alot for me.
And I eat junk food LOL.

SillyKitty May 16th, 2011 09:52 PM

I broke down and had my first bottle of soda today. I've been off caffeine for the most part since November, but for the past two weeks I've been having this crazy craving for soda that I managed to resist until today. I swear I've actually been dreaming about the stuff, desiring that combo of cold carbonation and caffeine. The problem is, I'm really sensitive to caffeine and will either have to keep drinking it daily or deal with a horrible migraine in the next couple of days.

sodagirl May 17th, 2011 12:53 AM

I had a couple of alcoholic drinks! :evil: A little wine at christmas (like maybe onne glass the whole evening) and 1/2 a drink when my back was really really sore and I couldn't take my normal pain killers.
And girls - you know you can eat lunch meat LOL!!! Just heat it (like in the microwave) until it's steaming - and then cool it back down - so it's a cold cut again!!!! Like an egg! Sure - you don't want to eat it raw - but you cook it to kill bacteria - but then it's perfectly safe to have it in a cold egg salad sandwich!

ashj_1218 May 17th, 2011 11:27 AM

Lol. A lot of you ladies are behaving yourselves soooo well!!

I drink soda, iced coffee, tea when I want it now. Which amounts to maybe one 12oz drink every few days.
I have been craving hotdogs...and ate one last night....sooooo good!!
I have eaten lunchmeat several times, unheated.
And I eat junk CONSTANTLY. This baby loves junk food.

I am mostly about moderation and don't wig out about little things here and there. My doc said lunchmeat, hotdogs, caffeine, and even alcohol were best limited as much as possible, but not a "make it or break it" kinda thing. If I was craving a sub, he said to grab one, just don't make it a habit.

shen7 May 17th, 2011 11:40 AM

I won't subject you all to my lunchmeat rant again, but to reiterate I think the warning is way overblown and I have eaten lunchmeat whenever I want this whole pregnancy. AND sushi. Getting high-quality lean protein and nutrition is a lot more important to me than slightly reducing an already tiny risk of Listeria. I have just avoided unpasteurized soft cheese (and it did pain me to forgo the queso fresco on my tacos when I was in California a few months ago...)

I also have had a Dr Pepper or green tea now and again, and have sipped wine and beer (just to have a taste, not enough to notice). But from my research, I don't see any problem with that amount of caffeine or alcohol, so I don't feel naughty.

Oh I've also had raw cookie dough that had raw eggs in it :D not a specifically bad thing for pregnancy per se, but salmonella is never fun... then again I've never had a problem from raw dough or batter and I *LOVE* it, so I just couldn't resist :P

momof8lopez May 17th, 2011 12:27 PM

You girls are good!! I have an ice tea with equal in it every day since my 2nd. trimester started (lrg one from McD's), not a big fan of lunch meat, but probably once a month I guess. My biggest issue, I still smoke....I wont say how much, and Im not proud, but I do. Yes, after having 5 kids already and feeling totally blessed with healthy baby's, I fear every pregnancy "will this be the one that gets effected?". I cut down, but even 1 a day is bad...

NsMommy May 17th, 2011 12:36 PM

I don't have much to confess...
I just had a Dr. Pepper. I rarely ever have soda but I wanted one. That's the most caffeine I've had in two months :).
I eat a lot - probably more than I need to but it seems to help to snack a lot to prevent morning sickness.

danielle123 May 17th, 2011 01:30 PM

I never really drank pop before i got pregnant, and now that i am in my 2nd trimester i crave it. i drink it allllllllllll the time lol, badbad. i also crave hot dogs to and they taste 30 x better now then ever!

geogeek May 17th, 2011 01:36 PM

I rode on roller coasters last Friday *gasp*. DH was with me. It was so much fun though!

JessP May 17th, 2011 01:46 PM

Wait hotdogs are bad? I eat those all the time :shrugs:

I have iced tea with sweet and low everytime I go out to dinner or soda depending on where we go.
I am totally going through a sub sandwich craving right now and trying to decide when to give in :). I don't worry overly about the lunch meat just tring to cut back just in case.

~Laurie~ May 17th, 2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessP (Post 23920293)
Wait hotdogs are bad? I eat those all the time :shrugs:

I have iced tea with sweet and low everytime I go out to dinner or soda depending on where we go.
I am totally going through a sub sandwich craving right now and trying to decide when to give in :). I don't worry overly about the lunch meat just tring to cut back just in case.

Hot dogs are fine if the wieners are cooked fully (piping hot).
I don't eat deli meat or anything else that has a risk associated with it, no matter how small, because infection is one of the possible reasons for my two stillbirths. A small risk is still too much risk for me. I also wash my hands frequently and I've started carrying hand sanitizer with me. The idea of heating my deli meat grosses me out for some reason (I knew someone that used to fry bologna and eat it), but DH has suggested the same. What I have been doing is making/buying subs with cooked chicken pieces. It isn't the same, but it is better than nothing!

sodagirl May 17th, 2011 03:54 PM

Laurie - You don't eat it hot LOL!!! Just cook it. Then eat it. :P