JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   June DD ladies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2329962-june-dd-ladies.html)

JessP May 17th, 2011 09:37 PM

June DD ladies

Ladies you all are the next up to have your rainbow babies!
Shen
LisaG
Michelle (luvmyfurbabies)
MamaRN

How are you all feeling?
Ready for baby or lots to do?
Update and sharing is all welcome :).

shen7 May 17th, 2011 09:54 PM

Re: June DD ladies

LOL, I'm next on the list!!! :) Actually I am next on the June DDC list too (technically due May 29, I just always expected to go late, average for low-risk FTMs is 41w1d). But I highly doubt I will be the next mom to give birth in the June DDC.

LisaG needs to update, I barely see her around anymore!!! Lisa, did you not post something about dilating 2 cm already, like a week ago??? For all I know she has her baby already. :)

JessP May 17th, 2011 09:59 PM

Shen don't trust statistics. My first arrived at 35.5 weeks :). You just never know haha.

mom2moose May 18th, 2011 02:32 AM

My first came 2 weeks "early". Wow, Shen. You're so close now!!!!

onedaysoon May 18th, 2011 05:10 AM

Mine came right on date! Well, actually my water broke the day before due, and she was born the day after due!

Wow, you girls must be so excited!! I can't believe we're almost June!!

shen7 May 18th, 2011 06:34 AM

I feel like my body's getting pretty ready - practice contractions, occasional heavy low pressure or period-like cervical crampiness, etc - but the baby is not ready. I feel her get pushed more into position sometimes and then she wriggles out again. I think once she decides she's ready, and her brain puts out that hormone that starts the cascade, my body will be ready for labor and go into action... I just have no idea when she will decide it's time :lol: Hopefully she won't be like my brother, who was evicted at 43 weeks!!! :eek:

Apparently DH put up a construction paper chain at work to count down until my due date, and his coworkers have written their names on when they bet I will go. I think this is pretty funny and I wonder how disappointed they will all be if/when I go post-date :D

onedaysoon May 18th, 2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shen7 (Post 23925863)
Apparently DH put up a construction paper chain at work to count down until my due date, and his coworkers have written their names on when they bet I will go. I think this is pretty funny and I wonder how disappointed they will all be if/when I go post-date :D

That is such a cool idea!! I love it! For DD DHs cousin set up a "bet" where you choose the date (and time if more than 1 on the same date) when you think she'll be born. The ante was $5 a bet and it was a 50/50 win....50% to you and 50% to the baby! Danica ended up with $85 :eek:

shen7 May 18th, 2011 12:59 PM

Apparently the woman who guessed that I will go tomorrow is now telling DH to tell me that I need to scrub the kitchen floor on my hands and knees today to get something going :rolleyes: Sorry hun, not gonna happen :lol:

The betting pool your family did for your DD sounds like a great idea! How fun!

MamaRN May 18th, 2011 03:32 PM

Me! Me! Haha, thanks Jess for directing me to the right place. I am due June 20th. Feeling tired, big, juuuust starting to get some BH contractions on a daily basis (I had a pretty quiet uterus for most of this pregnancy) but nothing very painful and I doubt they are doing much.

We are pretty ready for baby, his room is mostly done, I have to pick up the hand me down baby clothes from my sister this weekend and wash them, we have most of our cloth diaper stash, and most of the other baby stuff I have left over from DD who will be 2 on June 25. We still need to put in the car seat and I need to pack my hospital bag.

I'm not in a great hurry for him to be here yet though. I had DD 3 weeks early due to pre E and I'd rather let this little one bake longer so there's less chance of complications.:)

Brittanie May 18th, 2011 03:32 PM

Yay for the June ladies!!

I can't wait until Jess posts one of these for August. lol

JessP May 18th, 2011 08:32 PM

Oh don't worry I will. And hopefully you ladies will keep coming back letting us know how you are doing over the next couple weeks until you have the babies. It is just so exciting!

shen7 May 19th, 2011 07:04 AM

Well I had some pretty bad contractions last night. I was sleeping really hard and went right back to sleep as soon as they get easy enough for me to sleep again, so it's difficult to remember clearly. But I had to move around and go into sort of a all-fours crouch to deal with it, and I remember thinking "I might throw up from this", it was making me super nauseous. And the baby was kicking around during it too. The intensity level was really high. I have no idea how long this lasted though. This morning I'm fine, just tired... and my pelvis is more sore than usual... I am on my exercise ball right now :)

JessP May 19th, 2011 02:07 PM

Wohoo shen that sounds very promising. BH aren't supposed to be painful just tight :). How :excited:!!

LuvMyFurbabies May 22nd, 2011 05:47 PM

Hey ladies. I can't believe I am only 23 days away from my EDD although DH and MIL think I will go 6/6 which is more than a week early. MIL is a psychic and has been right on about many things so we will see. It definitely puts me into high gear trying to get things ready. I am mostly ready for him but have a few things left that have to be done. All the other things are extra if I have time to do them so I don't have to worry about them post baby.

I have had BH and they pick up from time to time but I think it is mostly when I don't drink enough water. The other night I had some lower abdominal discomfort but I think it was from doing too much house work. I was checked at 35 weeks and the midwife said I was a fingertip and 50% which is nothing. If this little man is anything like DH and I he will be late. We are late for everything. LOL I have been doing hypnobabies and it seems to be helping with the nerves but I don't quite feel ready for birthing so I need to step up the program so I feel more confident. I will try to keep more updates here but lately I have been so busy with all of the end of pg stuff. We finally decided on a pediatrician and will be getting maternity pics this Friday. I will post once I get them.

BTW, Lisa is my due date buddy and just moved into a house so her internet is not yet setup. She is doing good and was 1cm and 60% as of last week. She may be going on maternity leave early b/c of her bp but other than that her little man is doing well too and she is due 6/7.

JessP May 22nd, 2011 08:21 PM

Michelle thanks for stopping in and letting us know how you were doing. How exciting for you. Glad to hear Lisa is doing well and that her little man is doing good too. Can't wait to see the maternity pictures. And of course hear about the birth of your rainbow baby.

shen7 May 23rd, 2011 06:18 AM

Thanks for the update on both you and Lisa, Michelle!! I had forgotten about her move. Glad to hear you both are doing well. :)

I have my 39w1d appt today. As of today, my doctor is willing to induce me at any time, which is sort of crazy to think about. Since I really want to go all-natural I will NOT be taking him up on it!! :) But we'll see if any of my random sorenesses, cramps, contractions etc from this week have opened me up any or brought the baby further down. Last week I was 1 cm, softening, but not effaced at all and baby was at -3 station...

mom2moose May 23rd, 2011 06:49 AM

Good luck at your appt today Shen!! Can't wait for the update!!!

MamaRN May 23rd, 2011 05:43 PM

I posted an update in my thread, but it looks like I might be having this baby as early as next week (but I'm hoping not!)

mary30 May 24th, 2011 07:59 AM

Wow you guys are so close. I am so jealous !!!! lol .... Can not wait to hear all the birth stories and of course see all those cute pictures !!

LuvMyFurbabies May 24th, 2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shen7 (Post 23963105)
Thanks for the update on both you and Lisa, Michelle!! I had forgotten about her move. Glad to hear you both are doing well. :)

I have my 39w1d appt today. As of today, my doctor is willing to induce me at any time, which is sort of crazy to think about. Since I really want to go all-natural I will NOT be taking him up on it!! :) But we'll see if any of my random sorenesses, cramps, contractions etc from this week have opened me up any or brought the baby further down. Last week I was 1 cm, softening, but not effaced at all and baby was at -3 station...

So how was your appt? Yeah DH thinks this baby will come 6/6 but I am thinking it will be longer than that. I keep battling with the idea of getting checked. Part of me wants to know if I am progressing and then part of me doesn't want to get things going if they aren't ready yet. I will probably opt out of it if they offer this week since my midwife, the back up midwife and the OB she works under are all on vacation!! I want to get things going but not till next week. LOL