JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Doc's appt today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/233348-doc-s-appt-today.html)

babies June 21st, 2006 03:30 AM

Last Monday I was not diliated at all, but 50% effaced.

A week and 3 days later, dog on it I better see some progress. Especially since I did the unimaginable (sex with DF, I think 3 or 4 times...hey it was all I could muster :blink: )

After what seemed like forever, I finally have had a few BH's, a few even quite painful so that better do something too....

If I am still not diliated I think I will burst into a fit of giggles and flailing of the arms and legs and have to be carted off to the looney bin...

I am seriously ready to have this baby. Seriously....

Seriously.

Stacy29 June 21st, 2006 07:12 AM

Good luck... I hope that baby comes soon!!!!

Daniellea22 June 21st, 2006 07:38 AM

Quote:

Last Monday I was not diliated at all, but 50% effaced.

A week and 3 days later, dog on it I better see some progress. Especially since I did the unimaginable (sex with DF, I think 3 or 4 times...hey it was all I could muster :blink: )

After what seemed like forever, I finally have had a few BH's, a few even quite painful so that better do something too....

If I am still not diliated I think I will burst into a fit of giggles and flailing of the arms and legs and have to be carted off to the looney bin...

I am seriously ready to have this baby. Seriously....

aw sweety, good luck! i hope your dialated to 4 and they keep you! hehe

Seriously.
[/b]

MJONES June 21st, 2006 08:42 AM

I hope so! Seriously with my daughter I had nothing (after I had HUnetr) no ontractions, backache nada.. then bam 4hrs later she was here. I think with subsequesnt pregnancies labor moves quicker last minute because our bodie are more ready.
If not it sounded good :P

Ethans_Mommy June 21st, 2006 08:47 AM

I am sending you all the dialating dust I can find! Just keep it far away from me! I go to the dr tomorrow and I am wishin and hopin nothing has changed for me!

soontobemommyto3 June 21st, 2006 10:22 AM

too late for this appointment, but take warm baths every night. it is supposed to help with effacement and early dialation.

babies June 21st, 2006 03:52 PM

Thanks, I am going to have to try the bathing, I've been sticking to showers.

"Cervix is opening a little bit"

"Cervix is opening a Little bit"

"Cervix is opening a Little bit" so says the doc today. Fanfreakingtastic. So then I woefully ask if he thinks I'll go the full 40 and he goes "oh yea probably"

fantastic. Just what I wanted to hear. 2 more weeks or so of being big and uncomfortable, not sleeping, and in general in a shytty mood.

Great.

Oh and it took him longer than usual to find the heartbeat so I was worried for a second, but she is still in there going strong.

Darn it she is already close to 7 pounds, I am really not trying to have some big ole 8 pound baby. If all she is doing is gaining weight then dog on it she can do that out here.

Oh and I gained 3 pounds since last week. Whippee. Total weight gain is 23 pounds...and counting....

Boxerlove1 June 21st, 2006 03:59 PM

Dude.... you are KILLING me!!!!

But at least you're a little bit closer than last time, right?

Ethans_Mommy June 22nd, 2006 08:43 AM

23 lbs is a great weight! I have already gained 25 and I have 9 weeks left to go!!! With Ethan I only gained 20 total, so this 25+ is a killer!!!!!

I have also heard to induce labor you should eat salads with vinegarette dressing and drink raspberry tea. And also, walk everywhere! Park the furthest away from stores and hike in. Make your family take nightly walks together. I would suggest BD every night and then this Saturday and Sunday, hit the mall and dont come home til they push you out!

Good luck!

soontobemommyto3 June 22nd, 2006 09:55 AM

Don't get me started on weight gain! :angry: I gain so much weight when I pregnant with girls.

Will your DR do an elective induction at 39 weeks? Mine will if there are signs of effacement and dialiation (like what you have). I've already told him I'm going for the elective induction if I make it that far.