JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Freak outs (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2341309-freak-outs.html)

JessP June 2nd, 2011 10:04 AM

Freak outs

When was your last freak out?
What was it about?
How did you get through it?

I had one this morning to wondering how often everyone else is having them and what kinds of things freak you out.

~Laurie~ June 2nd, 2011 10:15 AM

Re: Freak outs

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessP (Post 24042139)
When was your last freak out?
What was it about?
How did you get through it?

I had one this morning to wondering how often everyone else is having them and what kinds of things freak you out.

I'm guessing you mean pregnancy related and not my son's bully at school? lol
Well, my last pregnancy freak-out was on Saturday night. I was freaking because the baby's movements were feeling weaker, so I was convinced that something was wrong and I was going to lose him/her. I got through it by crying my eyes out and waiting until the morning when the little stinker gave me a few good kicks. Have I mentioned before how much I hate having an anterior placenta? Ugh.

NsMommy June 2nd, 2011 10:15 AM

My last freakout was probably on Sunday. I wasn't feeling very nauseous all day and I was cramping (probably constipation). After I got rid of my ... ahem... constipation, I felt much better :). I just told myself that it was either growth or constipation and that, unless I was bleeding and cramping badly, I was probably okay.

AZsnowflake June 2nd, 2011 10:25 AM

When was your last freak out? Monday before our gender u/s
What was it about? I was so scared that we would see a baby, but no heartbeat and that baby wouldn't look like a 14 week baby should (like it had stopped growing). My freakouts happen and my heart does double beats, and I literally gasp for air. It's not like my mind was constantly on it on the drive over, but then it would hit me..."we're gonna see our baby" and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe for a second. It's so awful :(
How did you get through it? I talked to hubby about it, did some deep breathing exercises, and just waited to get through the u/s really!

mom2moose June 2nd, 2011 10:48 AM

When was your last freak out? A couple weekends ago.

What was it about? Baby boy was barely moving. And after weeks of almost constant moving, it freaked me out.

How did you get through it? I debated panicking. Then debating calling the OB. Eventually decided to worry about it, quietly, in my head. Eventually, I drank a whole can of pop, laid down and he moved. Still not a lot, but a little. Took another day for him to get back to normal activites. He must have been tired. LOL

onedaysoon June 2nd, 2011 10:59 AM

When was your last freak out? Tuesday night.
What was it about? I was having some weird crampy pains around the bottom and sides of my abdomen and wasn't feeling Dawson move.
How did you get through it? I had some pop and lied down. After a couple of minutes the pain got better, and then some big thumps came and went. Still having the pains, but I'm starting to think they're related to the pelvic pain.

JessP June 2nd, 2011 11:12 AM

:cry:

Oh you ladies are making me feel so normal!! This morning she just wasn't moving and it was freaking me out. I was waiting and waiting and ate something and it just didn't feel right. I was crying and freaking out. I had a decaf mocha which seemed to do the trick and felt normal bumps and thumps. But man I was a basket case. I am so glad to know I am not the only one who does this. Thanks ladies. I am so glad I posted.

OurSweetLabs June 2nd, 2011 12:54 PM

When was your last freak out? Two Days ago
What was it about? I started bleeding again
How did you get through it? I prayed alot and then laid down and took a nap. It helped me calm down for a while.

JessP June 2nd, 2011 01:49 PM

Donna are you still bleeding? Did you go to the dr? I hope you are doing ok.

Sweetpea24 June 2nd, 2011 03:02 PM

When was your last freak out? It was at maybe the 2nd week of may or so
What was it about? I had really bad stomach pain, and back pain. Baby was fine and growing, but i had or have a placenta tear.
How did you get through it? I don't think i am through it yet, im still scared.

momof8lopez June 2nd, 2011 05:50 PM

I have mini freak outs......when I dont feel her move for an hour......yes, Im a demanding mommy, and want to feel something every single hour, lol. I just lay down and if I still cant feel her, I listen to the h/b, then get up and walk around and take my mind of it.......then I lay down again, and usually instantly feel her move again!