JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   24 week appointment and crazy couple of days (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2348306-24-week-appointment-and-crazy-couple-days.html)

JessP June 11th, 2011 08:44 PM

24 week appointment and crazy couple of days

Ok sooooo Tuesday late afternoon I had a bunch of pains coming and going and lots of pressure down low :(. Wednesday I called my dr office to be seen. They checked everything, and thought perhaps it was a bladder infection making my uterus freak out. I had my regular 24 week appointment on Friday. I had my cervix checked both days. So far nothing is changing thankfully. I am however on a restricted activity level because of the amount of suspected contractions I am having. Its worse if I do to much :(. So its more a matter of when not if I will be on bed rest. Just hoping to avoid the hospital visits :(. I go back in 2 weeks to make sure things are still doing ok with me. I have been spending more time on the couch :). So in an effort to keep me off my feet I went to the fabric store, I was going to make blankets haha. I bought yarn though because years ago I used to crochet. That endeavor is going well and I promise to post picks when I finish baby girls blanket. Friday I also had to work, go to DD's school for a BBQ, run to the dr, then the fabric store, then to get DS from school, pick up dinner, get DD from YMCA and then home, whew. So sorry my posts have been lacking the last couple days its been hectic here. I should be back online more this coming week. Although I am rather distracted with the crochet blanket so it has me off the computer as well as off my feet LOL.

Oh baby girl is measuring perfect, I only managed to gain 2 pounds in the last 4 weeks yippee and when they were listening to the heartbeat she was kicking the doppler. Cracked me up. I think I enjoyed that more than hearing the heartbeat. We are both doing fine, just not crazy about having contractions at 24 weeks.

AZsnowflake June 11th, 2011 10:24 PM

Re: 24 week appointment and crazy couple of days

I'm sorry you're having pain and lots of contractions :( But glad baby girl is doing good!

mom2moose June 12th, 2011 06:05 AM

Do whatever you have to to stay off your feet!! It's way to early for that little girl!! It's good news that you aren't dilated or anything. Hopefully you can avoid bedrest, just by taking it easy!!! :)

missy123 June 12th, 2011 06:18 AM

:dothug::dothug::dothug:

I hope your body chills out so you don't have to go on total bed rest. Can't wait to see pictures of the blanket :)

ohnicole June 12th, 2011 04:14 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through all this stress :hug: Stay vegged out on that couch and hopefully everything will calm down!

JessP June 12th, 2011 08:23 PM

Ack vegging on the couch is soooo boring. But I did ok today and yesterday I think. Tomorrow will be the true test. Gotta go to work.

sodagirl June 13th, 2011 12:59 AM

(((((hugs)))

hubshope June 13th, 2011 05:44 AM

Jess, I'm so sorry you've been dealing with the contractions and the worry. I'm keeping you in my prayers big time that everything calms down. Baby girl...stay put! We can't wait to see you, but we DO want to wait 'til you're full term!!!

I HATED bedrest, but it did the trick for me (along with terbutaline and at first a magnesium drip) when I went into labor at 31 weeks with my first. I ended up having him right at 37 weeks. SO, don't panic, there are things that can do if you start to dialate.I pray you don't!!!

.:Shortcake:. June 13th, 2011 08:06 AM

Thinking of you Jess! Try to rest as much as possible. It's too early for that little girl to arrive yet and the other stuff can wait ;)

~Laurie~ June 13th, 2011 01:28 PM

I'm sorry about the contractions, but I'm glad your cervix isn't changing. Put your feet up and relax, and I'd love to see a pic of the blanket when it's all done. My SIL tried to teach me how to crochet, but I am an impatient person by nature and can't get through the 'learning' stage. I want to skip right to making blankets!