JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Those having boys (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2374002-those-having-boys.html)

JessP July 16th, 2011 07:59 AM

Those having boys

This is not a debate :) and I know you ladies won't turn it into one. Just a curiosity question.

Will you circumcise?
At the hospital or wait a few days?
Why or why not?

Remember this is not for debate just people talking about what they are doing with their children :).

OurSweetLabs July 16th, 2011 08:04 AM

Re: Those having boys

Yes we will.

We will have it done at the hospital before leaving. He will most likey be two or three days old since I am having a C-section this time. We had DS done and feel it is what is best for our family. I have taken care of boys both ways and prefer circumcised.

*Tracy* July 16th, 2011 08:37 AM

no we dont do it over in england unless for medical reasons

danielle123 July 16th, 2011 10:51 AM

Will you circumcise? Yes I will have it done.

At the hospital or wait a few days? I'll have to wait until after he's born a month or two, they changed it and it can't be done right away anymore? Weird.

JessP July 16th, 2011 11:03 AM

We are not having a boy but our second child is a boy and we had him done. We did our research and felt that it was best for our family. We had it done at the hospital before we left.

Just_Marie July 16th, 2011 11:28 AM

we don't circ, not worth the infection risk for us

Brittanie July 16th, 2011 01:18 PM

Patrick is, and it was done before we left the hospital. Any future boys will be too.

mary30 July 16th, 2011 01:55 PM

Will you circumcise? Yes
At the hospital or wait a few days? at the hosptial
Why or why not?

BeccaM July 16th, 2011 02:48 PM

We will have it done at the hospital before we leave. We just feel it is the best decision.

ashj_1218 July 16th, 2011 05:07 PM

Will you circumcise? Nope. Didn't with Liam either.
At the hospital or wait a few days? N/A
Why or why not? I don't think it is my right to take away a part of his body that may or may not have value to him. The so-called "health benefits" have been debunked many times over, so I just see it as unnecessary.

mom2moose July 16th, 2011 05:24 PM

I will circ and we'll do it at the hospital before we leave with him.

missy123 July 16th, 2011 08:28 PM

I circumscribed my boys and would if this baby was a boy. I did it before they left the hospital. Up until I was on JM I thought all boys were, lol. :)

MeganMomof5 July 16th, 2011 09:31 PM

Will you circumcise? Yes
At the hospital or wait a few days? I don't think they do it in the hospital here...Jack had his done when he was like 2 weeks old at his doctor's office
Why or why not? Just a personal choice :)

BeccaBee July 17th, 2011 07:58 AM

Don't know if it is a boy but we did with our son.

Will you circumcise? Yes
At the hospital or wait a few days? When he is 8 days old during his bris (jewish circumcision and baby naming ceremony)
Why or why not? We are Jewish. I've never even considered not doing it as I've never thought of it as optional based on our traditions.

Jessica121706 July 18th, 2011 01:22 AM

I might be having a boy and we will chose to NOT circ. lots of reasons why, but overall it is the best for us

onedaysoon July 18th, 2011 08:11 AM

Will you circumcise? Yes
At the hospital or wait a few days? They don't do it at the hospitals anymore here, it has to be done by a Urologist.
Why or why not? It was discussed between DH and I and we decided it was best for us (DH is too and that factored into the decision).

Shadeauxe July 18th, 2011 08:21 AM

We had it done with our son. The main reason was because my husband was also, and I thought the majority of males were and didn't want him to feel "different". If I had another son, I would probably do it again because our son is.

If I had a time machine, I might make a different decision with the first son, but I don't know. This is one of those subjects where I waffle back and forth with no clear winner in my head.

LindseyE117 July 18th, 2011 09:10 AM

I did it with my son, but they did not do them at the hospitals there anymore. He got it done at 2 weeks old at the doctor's office. My husband at the time was not circumsised and scolded me for it. In fact he, and his family, made my life a living h*ll about it.

Me personally, I prefer circumsised, as I did my research and from personal experience. My husband now is circumsised, and if we have a boy, then he will be too.

hubshope July 18th, 2011 09:42 AM

I did with my boys and if this Bean is a boy we will do it again. Our main reason was their Dad is and we didn't want them to feel different from Daddy. Also, DH made a lot of good reasons why he was glad his parents did it...so we went with it.

We have it done at the hospital before we go.

..Jessica.. July 18th, 2011 01:46 PM

Will you circumcise? No I won't.
Why or why not? His father isn't (not like that crap matters since we aren't together). But it's just a personal preference, if there's no medical reason for it I don't see why it needs to be done. If my doctor suggests something at his appointments then I'll consider it, but only if he really needs it. I also don't like the fact (quick or not) I'm allowing someone to hurt him.