JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Packing bag for hospital (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2378140-packing-bag-for-hospital.html)

JessP July 21st, 2011 07:58 PM

Packing bag for hospital

With so many ladies getting so close Aug/Sep Due Dates. I thought it time we talk about hospital bags. Don't worry I am sure we will talk about it again :).

What are some things that will for sure be in your bag?
What are some things you won't take?
When will you pack your bag for the hospital?

Brittanie July 21st, 2011 10:38 PM

Re: Packing bag for hospital

What are some things that will for sure be in your bag? Chapstick, lotion, and socks! And my laptop. lol
What are some things you won't take? My own pajamas. PP bleeding is heavy, and I don't want to bleed on my own clothes when I can bleed on theirs.
When will you pack your bag for the hospital? The day before my induction. Or while I'm labor if she decides to come before that. I don't even know what I'm going to put it all in yet!

janey_2011 July 21st, 2011 11:09 PM

My doula posted this on her blog, which I thought was pretty useful. I may have mentioned this before, but this time I actually plan to pack a bag... this is a big change from last time :p

The “Real” Hospital Bag | Glowing Touch

Shadeauxe July 22nd, 2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janey_2011 (Post 24438878)
My doula posted this on her blog, which I thought was pretty useful. I may have mentioned this before, but this time I actually plan to pack a bag... this is a big change from last time :p

The “Real” Hospital Bag | Glowing Touch

That was a good read! I'm not pregnant, but I still like knowing everything. :)

geogeek July 22nd, 2011 07:38 AM

I liked that article too. Thanks for sharing. Since I am doing a birth center birth I have to labor in all of my own things. I am going to buy "disposable" clothing because of it.

I should start packing this into one box for my move. MUCH easier to find when needed.

SkyBaby July 22nd, 2011 09:19 AM

Eek so much stuff.. My cute little back pack just evolved into a full blown suit case.. Physically how big of a suitcase would I need?

hubshope July 22nd, 2011 09:33 AM

Great article. I always bring extra batteries and a throw away camera (on the off chance this is the time my camera decides to break).

And for those of us with smaller ones: I bring a "big sibling gift" the baby can give to the big brother/sister. And then small coloring books, box of crayons, few small toys so that they are entertained. Also, (okay I go over the top) a bag of "cheap" dollar store type gifts so that if a bunch of people show up with gifts for the baby the big sibling can pick a small wrapped gift from the "Big Sibling Prize" bag.

MeganMomof5 July 22nd, 2011 10:53 AM

I've got my bag packed already (except for last minute stuff)

I brought pj's, which I like to change into after i'm showered...I don't like being in the gowns when I have visitors...Underwear, socks, toiletries, chapstick, brush, rubber bands etc...I'm going to wash my robe and put it in there, and i'll put in my camera and flat iron last minute...I'll probably add more things too.

JessP July 22nd, 2011 12:00 PM

What are some things that will for sure be in your bag? Hair tie, chapstick, camera, socks
What are some things you won't take? laptop (since I just got an ipad), I am sure there is more I just can't think of it at this moment. We didn't over pack really.
When will you pack your bag for the hospital? Probably in about three weeks :eek: we are that close.

Love the article especially the part about clothes to go home in :lol: That made me laugh.

Happy Song July 22nd, 2011 01:23 PM

What are some things that will for sure be in your bag? FOOOOOD, FOOOD, and more FOOOOOOD Dh pissed me off last time and forgot my cooler of food. I just had my grocery bag food.

Baby clothing. I know I annoy the nursery staff as I dress my babies from the time they let me get my hands on them.

What are some things you won't take? Make up,

When will you pack your bag for the hospital? My due date? I usually go late and am induced, so my due date should be 11 days before my induction date.

BeccaM July 22nd, 2011 01:59 PM

Bag is packed and I have gowns, robe, socks, underwear, pads(in case I dont like theirs), hard candy, puzzle books, toiletries, a clean shirt/underwear for DH(never know if hes there for a long time) camera and extra batteries. Laptop bag is sitting next to my bag and just need to be tossed in when we go.

JessP August 23rd, 2011 12:42 PM

Here is another thread that talks about what people are taking and some great links to sites that might help.