JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Hello ladies! Very cautiously joining you (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2378533-hello-ladies-very-cautiously-joining-you.html)

luvmykids623 July 22nd, 2011 09:50 AM

Hello ladies! Very cautiously joining you

Hello! My name is Lori (31) married to Jeff (33) and mommy to Aiden (5), Maryella (3), and 3 angels. I was here this time last year, but that pregnancy turned out to be my third loss. We've been ttc take home baby #3 for the last year. With my other 5 pregnancies I was able to conceive on the first try. My problem was staying pregnant. After the D&C for my 3rd loss my problem became getting pregnant. After many months of BFNs I wound up at an RE in April. He discovered I have a single copy of MTHFR and he believes I've had an ovulation problem from the start. He thinks before the D&C it was manifesting itself as losses. After it was manifesting itself as an inability to get pregnant. I did 2 rounds of Clomid that failed and killed my lining. This last cycle we did injectables (Follistim) and IUI. I went for my beta today. I'm cd27 and 13dpiui and my beta is 176 and progesterone is greater than 40. I'm pregnant!! :cheer: There was part of me that thought I'd never get to say that again. Now the being scared out of my mind starts worrying about another loss. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm trying to focus on the fact that this time I ovulated at a good time, I'm on baby aspirin and progesterone, and I'm on the "have one" part of my pattern (lose one, have one, lose one, have one, lose one). I'm sorry I'm rambling. I know you know what this is like. I hope to get to know you all better.

KeepingFaith July 22nd, 2011 09:58 AM

Re: Hello ladies! Very cautiously joining you

YAY Lori, so glad to see you over here! Sticky Dust!!!!

momof8lopez July 22nd, 2011 09:59 AM

WELCOME!!! And Congrats again!! So glad to see you over here and cant wait to watch your ticker just fly by! Let the journey begin, its one that has so many ups and downs but in the end, its all worth it!

geogeek July 22nd, 2011 10:06 AM

Congratulations!!!! I know that I know you from another board but I can't place it right now. I am SO excited for you!!!! Praying for a sticky bean!!

JessP July 22nd, 2011 10:40 AM

Welcome and congratulations!!! How exciting. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. We are here through all the first couple months of worry and stress.

missy123 July 22nd, 2011 10:55 AM

Congratulations and welcome to PAL! It is so exciting and scary all at the same time and we are thrilled to get to share it with you.

BeccaM July 22nd, 2011 01:01 PM

Congrats again Lori! Im happy to see you over here on PAL!

luvmykids623 July 22nd, 2011 01:05 PM

Thank you so much ladies! I'm trying to take it moment by moment, and remember that in this moment I am pregnant, and hopefully I will get 9 months of those moments. I know that no amount of worry will keep this baby with me, but it's so hard not to. I go back to the RE for repeat betas on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm hoping they have good news for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogeek (Post 24442203)
Congratulations!!!! I know that I know you from another board but I can't place it right now. I am SO excited for you!!!! Praying for a sticky bean!!

I go in and out on RPL. That's where I recognize you from. :D

dreamer10 July 23rd, 2011 10:34 AM

Congrats girl!!!! I thought this might be the case with your post yesterday on fb. I am so happy for you and hope and pray this little bean sticks around to meet their awesome older brother and sister! (I put her older brother and sister until I realized what I had done.... )

janey_2011 July 23rd, 2011 10:46 AM

Congrats and all my wishes for a super sticky bean. We have a similar history. I didn't seem to have a problem getting pregnant, but staying that way was another story. I had one early loss followed by my DD followed by 3 consecutive losses. After the third I was diagnosed with a clotting disorder (prothrombin). I have been taking baby aspirin and did progesterone for the first 14 weeks. We also did acupuncture for about the first 20 weeks. Seems to have made the difference this time.

All the very best to you.

ldovey83 July 23rd, 2011 01:39 PM

I am so happy to see you over here Lori... Glad you came.. I found this place more of a home to me then a DDC.. Just felt better over here... HUGS and Congrats.. Just take one day at a time..