JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Newborn diapers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2382642-newborn-diapers.html)

JessP July 28th, 2011 01:22 AM

Newborn diapers

How many packages of newborn diapers are you going to buy? (or did you buy)?
Have you pulled them out and looked at them?
What brand did you get?

mom2moose July 28th, 2011 01:24 AM

Re: Newborn diapers

How many packages of newborn diapers are you going to buy? (or did you buy)? I have 3 regular size packages of newborns.

Have you pulled them out and looked at them? The bag ripped in one of them and a NB diaper fell out. My husband picked it up and said, "Oh my God. What have we done?" LOL (You forget just how little those babies are!!)

What brand did you get? I bought all Huggies. I think they're the Snugglers. They're what I had coupons for, plus I like the ambilical cord cut out in them.

silverlife July 28th, 2011 06:03 AM

Last time I bought one pack and my daughter outgrew them before we could finish the pack. I think I'll just take home what the hospital gives me and if the baby is small we'll buy another pack.

We usually switch to cloth once they've outgrown the newborn diapers. I have those from my previous kids. Haven't taken them out yet. I'll probably do that around 7-8 months or so.

*Tracy* July 28th, 2011 06:33 AM

i have 4 packs at the minute 2 huggies and 2 pampers

missy123 July 28th, 2011 07:59 AM

How many packages of newborn diapers are you going to buy? (or did you buy)? I think I bought too many - 5 in total. I am thinking of taking 2 of them back as the others are opened.
Have you pulled them out and looked at them? YES! I am so in love thinking my sweet baby girl will go in them soon.
What brand did you get? I got 4 huggies and 1 pampers

hubshope July 28th, 2011 08:10 AM

How many packages of newborn diapers are you going to buy? (or did you buy)? I have 3 packages and may get one more, not sure. My first wore them for 2 months, my second wore them for only about 3 weeks. lol

Have you pulled them out and looked at them? No because I have one in each of the boys' baby books, same brand, so I have looked at those several times since my BFP

What brand did you get? Pampers Swaddlers, they were the only ones that didn't leak for the boys...BUT, may get a package of huggies since they have the umbilical cord opening and I won't have to worry about a girl peeing up (I won't, right???)

ashj_1218 July 28th, 2011 08:52 AM

^^In my experience with Julia, girls tend to pee out the legs or back if they do at all. She was not hard to fit for diapers...rarely peed out of anything. Although she was not a really heavy wetter either. Liam peed out of most brands, no matter what.

This time around we got one package of newborn sposies. For nighttime or if I am not feeling cloth for some reason. The hospital always sends home a whole pack, so I will have two.

I did not open the newborn diapers. I have newbie cloth that I look at regularly though. I figure if I don't use the newborn dipes, I can return them if they are not open.

We have one pack of Huggies. And the hospital gives Pampers (at least they did a couple years ago). So I should have one of each.

JessP July 28th, 2011 10:35 AM

I have 3 packages and I worry that is to many...
I got one package of huggies from when I was pregnant with CJ :( and then recently had a coupon for pampers so got 2 of the swaddlers.
I have opened the huggies and played with them and looked at them and put them in the holder in the pack and play and commented on how little they are :). I just love them.

mom2moose July 28th, 2011 10:58 AM

Moose weighed 7.8 when she was born and used NB diapers for at least a month and a half. Maybe 2 months. It all depends on size of baby. What did your other kids weigh Jess??

8miraclez July 28th, 2011 12:47 PM

I didn't buy any diapers because with my other kids, they sent a package home with us and preemie diapers cost more for less. We had a male nurse who refused to give us anything so we went home with 4 diapers. Good thing I had preemie prefolds at home. When I use sposies, it's whatever is on sale but I really like the pampers swaddlers.