JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Traditions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2384625-traditions.html)

JessP July 31st, 2011 12:49 AM

Traditions

What traditions are you looking forward to passing on to your child(ren)?

mom2moose July 31st, 2011 05:32 AM

Re: Traditions

Giving them pj's on Christmas Eve!! (So everyone looks cute on Christmas morning!) Leaving a card and a bag of candy in their room for them the morning of the their birthday. (My mom worked, so on our birthday, we would wake up and find a card and a bag of candy on the washing machine. It held us over until she got home from work that night and we got our present, but it made us knew she was thinking of us!)

geogeek July 31st, 2011 07:55 AM

There weren't too many traditions honestly. I hope that I can make a hot meal most mornings because that is what my mom did. It made Christmas morning that much more special because it was the only time of the year we got cold cereal. I would love to pass that on.

momof8lopez July 31st, 2011 08:08 AM

O boy, I have lots, lol.........I was raised by grandparents who were born in 1915!

Having the entire family over for Christmas, baking Christmas cookies the day before Christmas Eve (18hrs of non stop work). Easter basket hunting, going camping every weekend in the summer, learning how to cook for alot of people, making lots of grandchildren for me, lol.......having a vegtable garden in the back yard (everyone in my family has one), our secret family salad recipe, learning how to fry catfish properly, I could write a book with tradition........but these are the ones that come to mind first!

Jessica121706 July 31st, 2011 10:05 PM

We too do the PJ's on Christmas Eve except we also do a book. We try very hard to read every night, my mom did this but not all the time but I find it makes bed time much easier cause dd loves reading. Basket and Egg hunts on Easter. Family vacation, Weekend breakfasts, game night.

Neither DF or I had a ton of traditions growing up but we started alot of our own with DD and I plan to continue those for a long time to come

JessP July 31st, 2011 10:46 PM

We have started our own traditions :). We recently started doing pj's on Christmas eve. Baking cookies or just baking in general. There are more but I can't think of them now.

onedaysoon August 2nd, 2011 08:40 AM

Singing on Christmas eve. My parents made us sing Christmas carols to them before being able to go to bed (the only night of the year we always wanted to go to bed early :lol:). They wanted to keep us awake as long as they could thinking that would make us sleep later (hah!). But I always remember singing for them.

Whatever meal they want for dinner on their birthday plus their choice of cake.