JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   I got my hcg results :( (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2392334-i-got-my-hcg-results.html)

sandiegomom August 10th, 2011 04:02 PM

I got my hcg results :(

well, I was 78 on Monday, and today, I only went up to 113. So, I definitely didn't double. The nurse told me not everyone follows a text book double in 48 hrs, but I think it doesn't look good. I will go in on Friday to re-check, but I am losing all hope at this point. :(

JessP August 10th, 2011 04:08 PM

Re: I got my hcg results :(

My last pregnancy the only one I have done beta's with I was 48 for my first draw and 84 for my next one. I didn't double I was a total basket case. The numbers don't always double text book. Please don't lose hope yet. My losses were not because my beta's or progesterone weren't good. My last loss was suspected infection which has nothing to do with betas. We are here for you. KUP!

BeccaBee August 10th, 2011 04:34 PM

I did not double with my ds... it was more like every three days, which is slower but still in the normal range. Yours are still doubling every 70 hours or so which is ok. I was panicked of course, as it was my first pregnancy after 2 1/2 years ttc, but it all worked out. I wouldn't worry about it yet - see if they still are on the rise at the next draw.

SkyBaby August 10th, 2011 04:37 PM

^ The ladies above have given excellent advice. I think it's more important that they are definitely going up more than just how fast they're going up.

silverlife August 10th, 2011 05:01 PM

It was still going up, though, which is good. The "double in 48 hours" is a rough rule of thumb, not an exact measure.

sandiegomom August 10th, 2011 05:35 PM

thanks ladies...I know that everyone isn't textbook. I was just sooo hoping they would double so I could finally ease my mind. I actually did have a return of symptoms today (felt nauseated and boobs are so sore again)...so maybe I just stalled a little yesterday. I am going to try and stay hopeful. It does give me more hope hearing that some of you didn't double and went on to be just fine. I will keep everyone posted.

TnPhotoMama81 August 10th, 2011 06:12 PM

Just wanted to offer hugs....It is nice coming here for support and other peoples experiences especially when it isn't textbook.

sandiegomom August 10th, 2011 06:45 PM

yeah, everyone else over here has been here at one point, so it is nice to get some reassurance. I wasn't worried at all with the last pregnancy, but after a loss, I am a mess! I have to try and just let it be....I just just haven't figured out how to do that yet because I am a worrier by nature and being that my loss was on July 10th, and to get these numbers today on Aug 10th...just a lot to handle right now. But, I sat out on my deck, looking at the ocean and enjoying the breeze, just trying to relax and be as calm as i can be for now.

SillyKitty August 10th, 2011 08:25 PM

Sending positive thoughts that your pregnancy will stick despite the slow doubling. ((hugs))

luvmykids623 August 11th, 2011 05:38 AM

Please don't lose hope. Your bean may just be a slow riser. I hope your next number can put your mind a little more at ease.

ohnicole August 11th, 2011 08:46 AM

I'm sorry that the numbers didn't ease your mind :hug: You have gotten great advice- those numbers can go up slowly and you could still have a perfectly healthy little bean in there. Crossing everything for you! :gl:

SkyBaby August 11th, 2011 11:03 AM

Don't lose hope! The important thing is they're going up.

missy123 August 11th, 2011 12:21 PM

((hugs)) I hope they double plus on Friday so you can ease your mind a little. We all understand and are here for you.

Shadeauxe August 11th, 2011 12:53 PM

Numbers are just numbers. According to the numbers, at my height (5'10") I should weigh 135-150 lbs. This is not possible or healthy. I have huge bones (I know I sound like Garfield, "I'm not fat, I'm big boned"). But, that's what the "average" people weigh, I guess.

My point is, if you get caught up in staring at the numbers so closely, you lose sight of the fact that we're all different and do things in different ways. What matters is that the numbers are going up, because in all human pregnancies, that's what they do. Just because Sally Jones's numbers tripled and vacuumed her house for her does not mean that yours are inferior.

sandiegomom August 11th, 2011 07:04 PM

thanks shadeauxe, I like your way of thinking ;)

missy123 August 11th, 2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegomom (Post 24603139)
thanks shadeauxe, I like your way of thinking ;)

Yeah, Courtney is great!!

I want to know how you get hormones to vacuum the house!

Shadeauxe August 12th, 2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missy123 (Post 24603169)
Yeah, Courtney is great!!

I want to know how you get hormones to vacuum the house!

I can't give away all the secrets in my first two days. There'd be nothing to look forward to.

Duh. ;)