JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   If you could change where you live... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2392873-if-you-could-change-where-you-live.html)

missy123 August 11th, 2011 10:24 AM

If you could change where you live...

If you could change a thing or two about where you live what would it be?

I would get rid of the winter and make the people nicer - for the most part they are just so dang rude here! Although not all of PA is like this - just near the cities. The country (mid section of the state) is filled with tons of nice, sweet, easy going country folk.

Shadeauxe August 11th, 2011 11:07 AM

Re: If you could change where you live...

I really love Massachusetts, so I wouldn't change anything about it. However, I would make some changes to my house. My house is great, but if we had a magic wand to change its style to something more modern and less 1980s, I would do it.

BeccaBee August 11th, 2011 11:09 AM

I'd love to move to Southern California where the weather is beautiful all year round and the pace of life is a little more laid back than NYC/NJ.

geogeek August 11th, 2011 11:23 AM

I would change winter. I hate Utah winters. That is one of the reasons why I hate where I live. In AR they cancel school with 2 inches of snow. In UT I get 2 FEET of snow, and I dig myself out to get to school.

onedaysoon August 11th, 2011 11:36 AM

Hmmm....I'm fine with the city I live in, but I would change the house. We need at least one more bedroom and I would like to be fully detached, not stuck on to someone else.

KeepingFaith August 11th, 2011 11:53 AM

I'm in Mass too, and I like it for the most part. I think I would change the winters to be a little less crazy. And maybe teach people how to drive a little better,darn Masshole drivers,haha.

luvmykids623 August 11th, 2011 01:41 PM

I would change the sky high property taxes and car insurance. We're always #1 or very close to it for that, and for what?!? I would also change our corrupt system of politics in this state that has gotten totally out of control with out newish big bully governor.

JessP August 11th, 2011 02:37 PM

I would live further out into the country where I don't have neighbors, especially rude neighbors :). I would also have an extra room for baby girl.

NutMeg76 August 11th, 2011 05:19 PM

I would make it legal to have a homebirth after ceserean with a licensed provider.

Hmm I don't know what else I would change. Oh, make it so you have an option for a hot chocolate 'spigot' on the sink fo rhte winter...lol It gets so cold here!

ZoePaigesMommy August 11th, 2011 06:48 PM

I would love to have a spring and fall. Going from a few feet of snow to 1,000 degrees is extreme and old! I miss spring and fall :)

~Laurie~ August 12th, 2011 07:03 AM

I would move into the country and change the winters. I don't mind winter per se, but I don't like the amount of snow we get. I hate driving in snow ruts on the highway while squinting to see in white outs.

ohnicole August 12th, 2011 04:15 PM

I would make the summer cooler (yes, I said it :P ). I would also add another bedroom to our first floor.