JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Finnegan's Welcome!! --A birth story! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2405556-finnegans-welcome-birth-story.html)

mom2moose August 31st, 2011 02:02 PM

Finnegan's Welcome!! --A birth story!

On Sat. 8/27, I felt crappy all day. Wanted to throw up, had diarrhea, off and on contractions and just felt like laying around. Went to bed. Got up at 2:30 am (8/28)to pee, went back to bed, had the worst contraction ever, then I heard a POP. I jumped out of bed, and my water broke all over the floor. (And basically throughout the house and I was so excited I kinda ran around like an idiot. LOL) Got naked and squatted in the tub, there was blood mixed in (which is normal, I was told.) Woke the hubby up and we decided to take Moose to the hospital with us. We called my mom and MIL. My mom and sister drove the 2 hours to meet us at the hospital. (MIL works at hospital, so she popped in and out all day.) My BFF ended up getting Moose and taking her home around 11 am. When I delivered, my mom, sister, MIL, stepdad and hubby were in the room. (I told my stepdad repeatedly not to look at my vag, but he admitted he did it anyways. He said they all look alike anyways. Tee hee)

There wasn't much going on, contraction wise. The nurse informed me I was GBS positive, so I instantly got an IV for the meds. Walked the halls for a while trying to get the contractions going. When they finally did, and I was dilated at 4, I got an epi. (I'm a drug lovin' kinda girl. LOL) Didn't work at first (it didn't work with Moose either) so they cranked that thing up and then I felt AMAZING!!! LOVED that thing. Moved along pretty well. When I was dilated to 7, the nurse asked me how long I had pushed with Moose, and when I told her 3 pushes, she kind of panicked and got stuff ready, just in case. I was dilated to 10 an hour later. And that is where I stuck. The epi maybe worked TOO good, as my leg was completely numb and I couldn't feel any urge to push. So she shut the epi off, and that's when the pain became SERIOUS!! It hurt so bad I was thrashing all over the place. After over an hour of misery, I lied and said I had to push, just because I needed to do SOMETHING!! They got all set up. At first, my pushes were pretty ineffective, but I got better. I pushed for a total of 21 minutes (which felt like 7.5 days) before his head cleared. Only Finn's head was out and he started wailing before the doc could even clear out his mouht. LOL (It was kind of funny to see this little head sticking out my parts and screaming. LOL) I pushed him all the way out and they laid him on my chest. Finnegan Michael was born at 5:10 p.m. and was 8 pounds 13 ounces and 21.5 inches long!!!!!!!!! A VERY large boy!!! (Everyone was kind of shocked as an u/s just 10 days earlier predicted him at 6.12 pounds.)

I had a second degree tear with numerous stitches. A VERY large hemotoma on my uterus, that they think is because I had to push so hard to get him out of there. They drained the blood, which was a LOT, and I am now on iron pills for a month due to low hemoglobin. Finn also came out face up (same as Moose.) He was a day over 3 weeks early (thankfully, as he was ginormous!!) His kidneys and lungs were checked and he is perfect and I'm in love. As I was GBS positive, hospital rules say we had to stay for 48 hours. We got home last night. Finn was a wonderful sleepin in the hospital, last night decided he may never sleep again. Moose is adjusting to her baby brother and likes to look at him from afar, but doesn't want him close.

Those are all the deets I can remember. I might be missing some, but those are the main points. I'm happy I went "early" and I'm glad he is ok. As he is my last baby, I plan on enjoying him as much as I can. Thank you all for the support I've been given. It means a lot to me. This board has meant a lot to me. ;)

.:Shortcake:. August 31st, 2011 02:12 PM

Re: Finnegan's Welcome!! --A birth story!

Such a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing. Glad to hear everyone is well!

geogeek August 31st, 2011 02:22 PM

Cool. Thanks for sharing. He is a big boy for sure!

JessP August 31st, 2011 02:50 PM

What a great story. I had to kind of laugh that you lied about needing to push just to do something LOL. He is a big boy, glad he didn't go full term :eek:. Don't be a stranger we expect updates and pictures :).

TnPhotoMama81 August 31st, 2011 02:55 PM

thanks for sharing your story! I am glad he is here safe and sound :) congrats! we want pics!!!!

mom2moose August 31st, 2011 03:45 PM

I'm not going anywhere Jess. There's too many of you left I need to see pop those babies!! :)

momof8lopez August 31st, 2011 03:53 PM

What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing! He is a big boy for 37wks, would of been 11lbs or so if full term, OUCH!!!!!

Shadeauxe August 31st, 2011 03:56 PM

Great story!!

missy123 August 31st, 2011 04:46 PM

I love your birth story mama! Congratulations to you and your family. ((hugs))

shen7 August 31st, 2011 05:51 PM

Yay!!! Great story and GREAT JOB pushing out that BIG boy! :)

onedaysoon September 1st, 2011 04:56 AM

Thanks for sharing the story Jenny! Congrats to you and your family again!

LindseyE117 September 1st, 2011 09:52 AM

Yay! Wonderful story! I cannot wait to see the pics!

hearts.0nfire September 1st, 2011 12:32 PM

Awww congrats!! That was great story!!

AZsnowflake September 1st, 2011 01:47 PM

Congrats again, what an awesome story, thank you for sharing!

SillyKitty September 1st, 2011 08:49 PM

I love the feeling of excitement in your birth story! Congrats again!

PameŁa September 2nd, 2011 03:02 AM

Congratulations on your big baby boy!!!

StaceygirlPa September 2nd, 2011 04:37 AM

Thank you for sharing Jenny. I am happy everything went well.

NutMeg76 September 2nd, 2011 01:16 PM

Congrats!

luvmykids623 September 3rd, 2011 06:27 AM

What a wonderful story! Congrats again!