JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Sick of Contractions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2405577-sick-contractions.html)

geogeek August 31st, 2011 02:29 PM

Sick of Contractions

I am absolutely sick of contractions. I have been having the uncomfortable BH contractions since I was 25 weeks or so. I mean, TONS of them. That is why my midwife isn't surprised when I say I get a good 50+ contractions per day. They aren't doing anything but being a bother to me, so nothing to worry about. But now, sporadically, I get the lovely painful, could be doing something down there, contractions. These come a LOT less often. 1 per day or less. So, yeah, I am not worried about the amount of contractions since it is par for the course with my Mom's pregnancy experiences. It seems like everything that happened to my Mom is happening to me. I am just SO DONE WITH THIS PRE LABOR CRAP!! I have put up with it for at least the last 7 weeks!! How on God's green Earth am I going to go through another 5-10 weeks of this?

Sorry, I just had to vent. I am tired.

JessP August 31st, 2011 02:46 PM

Re: Sick of Contractions

So sorry. Does anything help to relieve them? Bath, shower, laying down?

Hopefully you will go close to term instead of your full EDD. Keep an eye on them and make sure you are letting your dr know about the changes. Pre term labor is no joke.

geogeek August 31st, 2011 02:54 PM

Nothing helps them go away. There is no rhyme or reason to when they come or go. Some last 10 seconds some 90 seconds. She told me if I get more painful ones to call immediately. But one or 2 random ones shouldn't be problematic. I will NOT be doing any bed rest or going easy on myself once the 37th week hits. Until then, I will be a good girl and not encourage more of the real contractions.

JessP August 31st, 2011 03:16 PM

Yeah I got one more week of taking it easy then its hello world :). I am doing more this week but not overdoing it.

.:Shortcake:. August 31st, 2011 03:28 PM

I hope that your contractions ease up on you until closer to time ((HUGS))

momof8lopez August 31st, 2011 04:34 PM

I had them alot like that with Mia last year, diagnosed very irratable uterus. From 15wks and on. I swore there was no way I was making it to 38wks, then I did....and the B/H's became the promodal (msp) labor.....so ya, it does get worse some times, lol.....finally she had to be induced at 39wks, since my body just would not take it to the next level.

Does not look like your getting any relief soon, so I just pray that you go earlier than later!

missy123 August 31st, 2011 04:39 PM

Same here - they started about 2 weeks ago and some days are more relentless than others. It got to the point that I wasn't sleeping at all. On the really rough days I take 1/4 of a unisom so I can at least sleep through the night. I find when I am overtired I only get that much more whiny about them.

ashj_1218 August 31st, 2011 06:18 PM

I have been having some pretty intense ones for the past week or so. Thankfully I have not had to deal with them since 25 weeks though...that sounds very unpleasant. Apparently they DO do something, meaning they get your uterus into a pattern and labor could be easier because of this whole process. But I do hope, for your sake, she comes out a little earlier than expected (aka: term, but not to your EDD) and you get some relief. I have to admit I hate having to "guess" if this is IT or not. Today was one of those days, where I was checking the TP for blood given the regularity and strength of the contractions. And now they are quiet again...obviously not IT yet. Not that I would want it to be. But the guessing is kinda annoying.

Jessica121706 September 1st, 2011 12:19 AM

Not that I would wish them on anyone this early I am very relieved I am not the only one. I was starting to get really worried I have had some pretty good ones the past few days and plan to talk to the dr. I find stress is bringing them on and if I do alot of bending down (I chase a 4year old cleaning a lot).