JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Flu...blah (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2405855-flu-blah.html)

onedaysoon September 1st, 2011 05:31 AM

Flu...blah

Danica has been sick since Sunday...and decided to pass it on to DH and I.

I think I scared everyone at my train stop. I got to the train, thinking that the not well feeling would pass, and instead of passing it got worse, so I was hanging onto the rails, then had to sit down on the ground. I got up and decided I was going home. Everyone kept looking at me funny and these people see me every day, so they must know/assume I'm due pretty darn soon :lol:

So I spent the day on the couch with DD or in bed (or in the bathroom). After the first time puking though I started to get painful contractions. It really had me on edge for most of the day, but they came and went and by bedtime they had almost stopped completely. All I could think was "Please no!! I can't do labor with the flu!!"

Well, I'm better today, so hopefully DH and DD are too!

Oh, DH just called me at work to tell me that Danica is better and he's not perfect, but better. YAY!!

queenofthecastle September 1st, 2011 06:40 AM

Re: Flu...blah

BOO on you all being sick. I hope that you feel better too!!

missy123 September 1st, 2011 06:45 AM

Booooooo on being sick. :(

It is sad that you were that sick in a train station and no one stopped to help you or ask if you were ok. Is today's society is so self centered that one can not take 20 seconds to help out a pregnant woman? ((hugs))

.:Shortcake:. September 1st, 2011 07:34 AM

Sorry your sick :( Being sick sucks and the flu is horrible! I hope your whole family feels better soon!

LindseyE117 September 1st, 2011 09:44 AM

I had food poisioning at 36 weeks pregnant with my son. It was terrible! I think puking like that is worse when you are huge and pregnant. Be careful though because 3 days after it started, my water broke! The doctor thought it was all the forceful vomiting pushing on my uterus. I puked well over 20 times (darn all that overeating with pregnancy, lol). I am so happy that you are feeling better though!

onedaysoon September 1st, 2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindseyE117 (Post 24748656)
I had food poisioning at 36 weeks pregnant with my son. It was terrible! I think puking like that is worse when you are huge and pregnant. Be careful though because 3 days after it started, my water broke! The doctor thought it was all the forceful vomiting pushing on my uterus. I puked well over 20 times (darn all that overeating with pregnancy, lol). I am so happy that you are feeling better though!

Warning taken! lol Mind you, I didn't puke that many times so I hope it doesn't start anything.

I've had food poisoning at least twice (and possibly thrice, though we're not exactly sure what caused the third incident) this pregancy, but they were all ealier on.

You're right though, puking when you're more huge is so much worse...I couldn't even figure out how to get in front of the toilet "properly" :lol:

LindseyE117 September 1st, 2011 11:29 AM

Lol. I had the nurse at the hospital scold me because I puked all down my shirt. I barely made it to the hospital and I didn't make it inside. I was puking in the bushes outside before we even reached the door. It was the most painful think I ever experienced.

TnPhotoMama81 September 1st, 2011 03:23 PM

man that really sucks being sick like that while pregnant!!! :( I hope you feel 100% soon.

JessP September 1st, 2011 04:04 PM

Glad you are feeling better but ugh for being sick. I hope you all get to be 100% very soon.