JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Thursday Thoughts (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2418651-thursday-thoughts.html)

.:Shortcake:. September 22nd, 2011 04:35 AM

Thursday Thoughts

What are your thoughts on cloth diapering vs. disposable. Which will you be using? (PS no debating ;) )

Shadeauxe September 22nd, 2011 04:52 AM

Re: Thursday Thoughts

I want to try cloth diapering because I am an environmental nutjob. Note to self: I mean that in the nicest way possible

NsMommy September 22nd, 2011 07:23 AM

We used disposables when my son was newborn and switched to cloth. We had bum genius but I guess didn't wash them correctly because they lost elasticity around the legs and the velcro wore down (wouldn't velcro). I switched to SmartiPants and they seemed fine. But my son had a sensitive butt so he kept getting diaper rashes no matter what diaper we used. In the end, we were using disposable Earth's Best diapers because we were always having to use diaper cream.

I'm going to try again with this baby but I don't have newborn SmartiPants and can't really afford to get enough to last us right now so I think we'll do disposables at first again. And when I switch him to cloth I will probably add some layers to keep him drier.

SkyBaby September 22nd, 2011 07:48 AM

We're using disposable.

Cheshire September 22nd, 2011 09:09 AM

I've used cloth for a year and a half but I'm really getting frustrated. My baby keeps getting rashes and DH keeps blaming cloth because they seem to get a lot better when we aren't using the cloth...but it just started a few months ago! She's in disposables until I strip her diapers completely and try to change detergents.

SoCaliMommy September 22nd, 2011 10:48 AM

We will be cloth dis wring, but will use up the small stash of disposables.

danielle123 September 22nd, 2011 11:08 AM

I'm going to use disposables. I don't want to make more work for myself when I'm sore washing diapers and all that. If I was up for it. I'd use cloth haha there a lot cuter and got pretty colors, and are good for the environment. BUT i'm planning on being lazy. :)

ohnicole September 22nd, 2011 03:23 PM

We are going to cloth diaper, mostly to save money. Plus they are so cute. I already have my whole stash, now I just need to prep them and have a baby so she can poop in them :lol:

missy123 September 22nd, 2011 04:16 PM

Disposable here... I have been stocking up with coupons and sales.

ashj_1218 September 23rd, 2011 05:27 PM

I am a cloth diaper feind. We started a year ago and LOVE it :) Kieran has been in cloth since his first diaper.