JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Membrane Sweep (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2419661-membrane-sweep.html)

danielle123 September 23rd, 2011 03:18 PM

Membrane Sweep

SOO, I had another appt today. She did the membrane sweep. I'm still only 1-2 cm dilated and she could only do it with one finger. I have absolutely NO cramping or anything lol. It seems like it probably won't work. All I have is a leg cramp. :angry2: Other then that, he's still low and she said i'm "favorable" lol boo to my appt. NO progress kinda sucks when your this far lol.

Sillylittlefishey September 23rd, 2011 03:53 PM

Re: Membrane Sweep

I've never actually had my membranes scraped...they always just go right into inductions with me...but knowing how long it still takes for me after being induced I doubt the membrane sweep would work anyway...

Hopefully your little one will be here soon!! How long over will your doctor let you go before induction?

AZsnowflake September 23rd, 2011 05:00 PM

good luck, I hope it works for you!

tobi4 September 23rd, 2011 07:25 PM

For the first 6 or so hours after my sweep at 38 weeks I felt totally normal, then I had spotting, lost some of my plug, cramping, and so uncomfortable... for 4 or 5 days. It was painful, and did nothing to help me progress. If I was to do it over again, I would totally skip the sweep and enjoy the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy without the added pain of the sweep.
I hope it either works for you or doesnt have any effect on you at all. So you dont have any unnecessary pain, if its not going to work!
Good luck

momof8lopez September 23rd, 2011 08:39 PM

I had mine swept with my second at 39w and 3 MORE TIMES before he finally came at 40w5d! On the last sweep, my dr. told me that my water was bulging and I was dialated to 3, and told me to go home and pack. I was like "whatever" you said that the last three times........sure enough, regular contractions started about 1hr after the sweep, and I was in full labor within 2hrs! I think that sweeps only help when your REALLY ready to go. Praying this one does the job and your done with it!

JessP September 23rd, 2011 08:51 PM

I had mine done and had minimal cramping. It was done about 330pm. Then at 930pm when absolutely nothing was going on and hadn't been since probably 5pm my water broke. So you just never know. Stay strong momma.

PameŁa September 24th, 2011 12:15 AM

I had my last mw appt at 40+2 and I have no idea if I'm even dilating. It's not common to be checked here unless you are in labour and since my baby is still up so high, she won't do a sweep due to a possible cord prolapse.

I'm now 4 days past my dd and really just want my baby.