JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Having a hard time with... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2420826-having-hard-time.html)

lindsey2000k September 26th, 2011 08:21 AM

Having a hard time with...

Many of you who have known me for a while probably remember my loss last winter. I saw the baby took photos and shared it with many of you.
I am having a really hard time with the "My Pregnancy" Tickers right now because half the ladys in my DDC are using it and at this stage the photo it is using looks just like my baby did when I passed it.
I keep having flash backs to that.

missy123 September 26th, 2011 08:38 AM

Re: Having a hard time with...

PAL is hard for so many different reasons Lindsey. And the smallest things end up being triggers for our losses and the pain floods back. It is one of the reasons I never really got into my DDC. Right now they are all complaining about getting too many clothes at their baby showers and not what they registered for and I just really want to say "wake up - at least your baby got gifts and you are having a baby when so many are sitting home crying as their babies are dead". If I had not had a loss I am sure that would not bother me much.

((hugs))

KeepingFaith September 26th, 2011 08:52 AM

I did not wish to see the pictures at that time but I do remember when you when went through that heartbreaking experience. I am so sorry that you are having flashbacks, can you turn of everyones siggy so you don't have to see them? I this stops for you and you can start to enjoy your new pregnancy, I know this is very hard in the beginning.

.:Shortcake:. September 26th, 2011 08:52 AM

((HUGS)) Lindsey I am so sorry :( Little things set me off all the time especially lately. The only help I can give you is you can edit your settings so you don't see peoples siggies. Then once your ready you can change them again.

TnPhotoMama81 September 26th, 2011 09:57 AM

yeah I can totally understand that! :( I am sorry...I would prob turn the signatures off now too.

Shadeauxe September 26th, 2011 10:06 AM

Sorry you have to deal with that. You can turn off signatures in the control panel. I like the boards better without them anyway.

Brittanie September 26th, 2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadeauxe (Post 24907334)
Sorry you have to deal with that. You can turn off signatures in the control panel. I like the boards better without them anyway.

I agree, I'd probably have to turn them off too. Except that they're the only way I remember who is who half the time (well, not here, I know you ladies well enough without the sigs).

:dothug:

I'm the same way with some pictures of sleeping babies. Most of them are okay, but sometimes....they remind me of how Cora looked.

Jessica121706 September 26th, 2011 10:39 AM

Hugs....I would turn siggy's off for a couple of weeks until the images start changing.

melissalaw September 26th, 2011 11:36 AM

Lindsey I'm so sorry that your feeling this way. I agree with the other ladies, maybe turning your siggy off for awhile might help.

ashj_1218 September 26th, 2011 11:41 AM

I am so sorry :( It is so hard to have something remind you of how you felt right then. I, too, would turn off the siggys for the time being.

JessP September 26th, 2011 07:32 PM

:dothug: I am so sorry.

SillyKitty September 26th, 2011 09:01 PM

((hugs)) I saw my last baby, too, and one of the early tickers resembled what I saw. I'd turn off the siggies, too, until your ddc is past that stage.

NutMeg76 September 26th, 2011 10:51 PM

It can be soooo hard! I am with Brittany, sometimes the pictures of sleeping babies upset me too. Even the pics of my own daughter when she was first born can upset me :(

lindsey2000k September 27th, 2011 05:59 AM

Thanks ladies I just needed a little support.
I would turn the siggys off but that is the only way I know who is who..lol
I am a little freaking out because the next week is when all my losses seem to happen so I am little on edge.

NsMommy September 27th, 2011 06:15 AM

Lindsey, I'm sorry. I understand! *HUGS* I hope these weeks fly by quickly and without any concerns.

*SamF* September 27th, 2011 06:21 AM

Hugs Lindsey!
I think we replace the 'how hard it is to see people get pregnant' with people who are either at our loss point, or who don't seem 'grateful' enough to us. When you lose the rose colored glasses of pregnancy its hard.

robinmichele87 September 27th, 2011 09:22 AM

Wow, I'm so sorry. HUGS! I wasn't far along when I lost my angel baby..it was hard for sure but I know it was no where near the pain that some of you have experienced and I could not imagine going through that and having that image in my head. I would try not to look as much as possible..and hopefully you can get through these next couple weeks and start to feel a little relief.