JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Weight (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2431674-weight.html)

JessP October 14th, 2011 10:22 AM

Weight

How are you doing with your pregnancy weight gain?

How will you deal with your your postpartum weight loss?

geogeek October 14th, 2011 10:29 AM

Re: Weight

I am doing well with my weight gain now. I hit the 3rd trimester and I ballooned. I haven't gained any weight from last appointment though. I am hoping to not since I am SO close to the upper limit I tried to set for myself.

After about a month of rest (since I am scared of hemorrhage) I will start a weight loss campaign via walking with baby girl in the park. It is hard to do a lot of weight loss stuff in the winter so I am going to wing it mostly with moving and everything else packed in.

KeepingFaith October 14th, 2011 10:39 AM

How are you doing with your pregnancy weight gain?I have gained 10lbs in the past 4 weeks :eek: But I am still down 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight

How will you deal with your your postpartum weight loss?Well, with DD I hemorrhaged so bad after my c-section they had to give me all sorts of medicine to make me contract I walked out of the hospital with a nearly flat tummy, at my 1 week post-op visit I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight already! I don't know if it was from the medications or the breast feeding/pumping but, I will pray it is just as easy this time(minus the hemorrhaging/medications)

*SamF* October 14th, 2011 10:44 AM

So far I've lost 4 pounds. Holding pretty steady there.

After baby I plan on hitting the treadmill pretty hard. Between weight gain from all the fertility meds, thyroid and pregnancy I definitely will need it!

ashj_1218 October 14th, 2011 10:52 AM

I am embarrassed to say that for a few weeks in there, I was sorta panicking about the weight packing on. I did not need any more than maybe 15-20lbs of pregnancy weight. And I was there by 25 weeks. So I started having a bit of an issue with the weight. It did NOT help that both my idiot doctor (he shall never be referred to as just "the doctor" again...he always needs "idiot" or "tool" or some other descriptive word!) and one of the midwives were on me about the rate of gain. I wish I had ignored them and not let it get to me.

I have been walking for about a week. It is one of the only ways both boys are calm and content. Not hard or far, but enough to get us out. I am sure I will continue as long as the weather holds out. Between that, breastfeeding, and just nature, I am already at pre-preg weight. And have been for a couple weeks. The weight stopped coming off for now, but I would like to encourage a few more pounds off while having the added benefit of nursing calories :)

NutMeg76 October 14th, 2011 11:46 AM

How are you doing with your pregnancy weight gain? I have gained about 4-5 pounds so far. The doctor thinks i gained 14 sincehe is counting my pre-pregnancy weight as 155, which it was, but they took that weight from me and I weigh myself with a t-shirt and undies. Now when I go in for my appointments I am in full uniform including boots. So I weighed 169, but if you take off the 8-10 pounds for the uniform it puts me at 159....so yeah...lol. I am okay with him thinking that though because I don't want to hear about not gaining enough.

How will you deal with your your postpartum weight loss? I will lose the weight the same way I have kept from gaining the weight. eating right. I don't eat very many grains, especially wheat. This leads to eating a healthier lower carb diet full of veggies, some fruits and meats/fats. It is easy to be healthy and lose weight this way. This is my first pregnancy where this is my lifestyle and the first time i have not gained a lot of weight. I have no heartburn, no swelling and my face has not gotten fat like it normally does. It is so nice to be 26 weeks pregnant and not feel like a cow!

momof8lopez October 14th, 2011 01:01 PM

I plan to stop eating all toghether once this baby is born, lol........holy weight gain batman! I gained over 50lbs so far! O well, Im sure eventually by the age of 80 and being on pure liquids by then.....I will be at pre-pregnancy weight, lol

a.toothe October 14th, 2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof5lopez (Post 25018375)
I plan to stop eating all toghether once this baby is born, lol........holy weight gain batman! I gained over 50lbs so far! O well, Im sure eventually by the age of 80 and being on pure liquids by then.....I will be at pre-pregnancy weight, lol

I needed that giggle!!! It's been a rough day.. Thank you :)

So far, I have gained 3 lbs according to the dr. I guess my weight is just shifting or something--plus this has been a VERY stressful pregnancy bc of some marriage issues and whatnot. I am 27 weeks so I know it will all catch up to me!!!

JessP October 14th, 2011 02:39 PM

Well I feel like the fatty in the group :( I gained 53 pounds and have only lost 19 of it :( and I don't see me losing more until I get of my butt and get to work. I have to lose 30 by April for weigh-ins :(. I keep telling myself I am going to get a work out in tomorrow but then tomorrow comes and I am just to dang tired. I am barely over 3 weeks post partum though so I hope that as the weeks go by and the baby sleeps more I will have a few mins to get a walk in. I need to get a wrap or sling so I can carry her more easily.

AZsnowflake October 14th, 2011 02:57 PM

I hit my "limit" at my 34 week appt today. Although it wasn't really a limit, just like "well, it would be healthy for you to gain about 25 lbs for this pregnancy". I hit 25 lbs today and obviously still have some time left to go. I'm not too worried about it though because I am really close to the end.

As for post partum, I lost a lot of weight about 6 months post partum with my son...no idea why because I made NO changes whatsoever! But I got skinnier than I was when I first got pregnant with him. I'm hoping something like that happens again LOL but I also really want to start working out. The problem is the cost of not only the gym membership, but also the childcare so I can go to the gym during the day!

JessP October 14th, 2011 07:11 PM

Rachel that is why I started running and doing videos. I can run outside for free :).

AZsnowflake October 14th, 2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessP (Post 25020161)
Rachel that is why I started running and doing videos. I can run outside for free :).

I, unfortunately, hate running (not to mention that here in AZ temps are out of contro high for like 9 months out of the year! LOL). I do have videos, and sometimes I get into a good routine but other times I just talk myself out of doing it altogether haha

JessP October 14th, 2011 09:30 PM

I liked 30 day shred. It is only a 27 min video but kicks your butt.

AZsnowflake October 14th, 2011 10:06 PM

I've heard of that..I'm all about the time crunch ones. One of my favorite (and one that gives great results!) is 10 minute abs. Only 10 minutes but man, it really works!

hearts.0nfire October 15th, 2011 03:21 AM

I've gained a total of 27lbs, 6 just in 2 weeks! I did this last time too and am hoping it slows down some. I gained 40 with Darcy and then lost 30 in a week so I hope the same thing happens again.

luvmykids623 October 15th, 2011 06:49 AM

So far I've gained 10 pounds. 6 of it is from the 3 weeks that they had me eating every waking second to try and keep my blood sugar up. I've since figured out a way to do that without constantly eating and taking in a million calories a day like the plan they had me on, and I've only gained 2 pounds my way so far. :D I know that I will gain a TON of weight. I gained 50 with DS primarily because of pre-e and 70 with DD for the same reason. I was in the hospital for a week after her and walked out 40 pounds lighter, so it was mostly water weight from the swelling of pre-e. I'm anticipating gaining much more this time around for the same reason. I try not to focus on it too much, because of my history with eating disorders. I try to focus on my struggle to get to this point and hold my rainbow babies in my arms instead.

Sweetpea24 October 15th, 2011 02:50 PM

I don't think i am going to have a problem with weight loss. I have only gained 3lbs this hole pregnancy.

queenofthecastle October 15th, 2011 06:24 PM

I hate gaining weight....not just with pregnancy but in normal life too. I don't keep myself from gaining it though. So far, I've gained 5 lbs.

I normally drop it pretty quickly after pregnancy. I lost all of the 30 lbs that I gained with Christian in less than a month.

missy123 October 15th, 2011 08:04 PM

I am up 30 pregnancy pounds but I also gained 15 when I quit smoking. So as of right now I weigh 45lbs more than I did when I got married a year ago.

I am going to try the Lori diet. :unsure:

JessP October 15th, 2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missy123 (Post 25024261)
I am up 30 pregnancy pounds but I also gained 15 when I quit smoking. So as of right now I weigh 45lbs more than I did when I got married a year ago.

I am going to try the Lori diet. :unsure:

What is the Lori diet?