JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Hello all! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2434247-hello-all.html)

Hopefully-Nervous October 19th, 2011 09:17 AM

Hello all!

I am new to the site. My name is Jamie & I am 8wks 2days & my due date is May 27th. Some of the ladies from the May due date board suggested I join you guys as well. A little about my situation: I had a missed miscarriage in July, I had spotting & bleeding & just felt that something wasn't right at around 10 weeks. I had a scan & everything was fine at 8weeks. I called my Dr, & they did another scan & I knew something was wrong as soon as I saw the screen. My baby had died shortly after the first scan I had at 8 weeks. I was devastated. I wanted to wait a while before trying again, but that didn't happen lol. So I am now pregnant again & I have been having very light spotting for a little over a week now. I had a scan done at 7weeks 2days & saw & heard my little ones heart beat & the doc said everything looked good. However that is what I was told last time too. I am so scared because of the spotting... Its not much, but it is there. Has anyone here had this happen before? How do you stay positive? I know stress is not good for the baby but it's so hard not to stress. Anyways, I look forward to meeting new friends here & I am always open to comments & advice.

geogeek October 19th, 2011 09:28 AM

Re: Hello all!

Hello Jamie! Welcome to the board! I am Rachel and DH and I have 5 angels and are expecting our rainbow to be born any day now.

I am saddened to hear about your loss, but congratulations on your current pregnancy!

There are women here that have gone through that same thing. Personally, I have not. My losses were all very early on.

Pregnancy after loss is extremely hard and emotional. I find it easiest if you have a very understanding doctor. Many women here get a lot more early ultrasounds than others.

Please feel free to join in and post on the board! I am excited to get to know you!

melissalaw October 19th, 2011 09:43 AM

Jamie glad you are over here. Hopefully the ladies here will have some better answers for you than I did.

momof8lopez October 19th, 2011 09:47 AM

Congratulations on your new little one, and Im sorry for the loss you had earlier this year. As for the spotting, it can be normal in a good pregnancy too. I had 4 children with no spotting what so ever, then my last two, I did have spotting. Its important to let your dr. know, and maybe he/she will check your progesterone levels/hcg levels. There are a lot of reasons why women spot during pregnancy and most of them are normal. Lots of prayers for a healthy one this time and look forward to getting to know you!

missy123 October 19th, 2011 10:31 AM

I was just going to ask about the progesterone levels. Has your doctor given you any extra progesterone to take or checked your levels at all? Spotting in early pregnancy can be normal.

Being pregnant after a loss is so hard. It is stressful because we lose that pregnancy innocence and know that bad things can happen. If I was you I would call my doctor and express my concerns. Maybe they can get you in for some bloodwork or another ultrasound to ease your fears some?

((hugs)) Welcome, we all understand what you are going through.

Hopefully-Nervous October 19th, 2011 11:04 AM

Thanks for all the nice comments & welcomes :) I don't want to sound dumb, but does having low progesterone levels cause bleeding? My gyn before I got pregnant, tested & said I was fine, he did the test because I had concerns about being able to get pregnant after the procedures I have had done. That was my Dr before I left TN & I loved him. I don't feel that my Dr now is very thorough.

AZsnowflake October 19th, 2011 11:46 AM

Welcome and congrats!

geogeek October 19th, 2011 11:48 AM

Progesterone declines right. Before having your period on any normal cycle. If it is low in pregnancy it can cause bleeding. That is a great question.

JessP October 19th, 2011 12:21 PM

There are no dumb questions. Welcome to the group. I have had spotting in all my pregnancies. I have had 2 living children, then 2 losses and now our rainbow baby. Actually spotted the least with her. It really can go either way. I pray you have a happy and healthy 9 months. The first trimester is the hardest.

*SamF* October 19th, 2011 01:00 PM

:waves: glad you came on over!

KeepingFaith October 19th, 2011 03:40 PM

:welcome: So sorry for your loss. We all are going through or have gone through that stress of early pregnancy after loss. Be sure to communicate with your doctor, and if you feel something is not right,advocate to go in for an U/S to check. I hope you have a H&H 9 months. We are all here for you whatever your questions/concerns. :)

Hopefully-Nervous October 20th, 2011 11:39 AM

I go in for an ultrasound on Weds. & I will definitely ask about the progesterone. I was hoping to have the scan a little sooner, but this is much better than my original 4 week appt. I'm so scared to have it, yet I know at least I will know whether baby is okay or not. Thank u & congrats to everyone & please feel free to add & msg me. I'm really happy I found this site :)

Sierra.Sparling October 20th, 2011 06:43 PM

I hope everything goes great in this pregancy for you! I am also new to this board I am only 4 weeks pregnant. Have you had your progesterone levels checked? That can cause spotting or bleeding. My ob put me on prometrium the second I started spotting before I got my blood work back to see if I was low on those levels. He told me someting I never knew before if your levels are too low your body cannot sustain a full pregancy without that hormone. I would talk to your ob see if that is a possiblitly I noticed tremendious changes within24 hours ofbeing on it. no more bleeding and no more cramps. I wish the best for you! :)

hearts.0nfire October 21st, 2011 04:33 AM

Welcome and congrats!