JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   new here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2435539-new-here.html)

McMommie October 21st, 2011 10:11 AM

new here

Hi, I'm Amanda, married to Matt and we just got a BFP on October 16th before my cycle after miscarriage. I have no clue of the due date since I didn't have a cycle, but I'm thinking sometime towards the end of June. I had some blood work done on October 17th and my beta was 84 & progesterone was 25. I normally have low progesterone so they have me on progesterone supplements and a lovenox shot every night. I went for more blood work on October 19th and my beta was 231 & progesterone was 26. Praying that this one works out for us!! After 4 miscarriages in 1 year and no children, I was starting to get a bit discouraged. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies! :)

geogeek October 21st, 2011 10:17 AM

Re: new here

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your pregnancy! Thoughts and prayers that this is your little sticky bean!! We are expecting our first after 5 miscarriages. Is your doctor doing anything different with this pregnancy?

KeepingFaith October 21st, 2011 10:51 AM

:welcome: So sorry for your losses, sending sticky dust your way!

McMommie October 21st, 2011 10:51 AM

Thank you! Praying for you as well! Looks like she is due to arrive VERY soon! How exciting!
This is what we've tried so far:

pregnancy #1 - prenatals only

pregnancy #2 - prenatals & baby aspirin (after this one we found out I have low progesterone...it was only 1.7)

pregnancy #3 - prenatals, baby aspirin, & clomid (after this one I was sent to a RE who said I had a septate uterus and had to have surgery to correct)

pregnancy #4 - prenatals & lovenox shots (with this one, my progesterone went from 31 to 16 over a 12 day span...they wouldn't give me progesterone supplements or anything)

After all of that, I decided to try another ob and so far, I LOVE this one. I had blood work done at my first appointment and the next morning when she saw I was really pregnant, she gave me progesterone supplements, just in case, and lovenox shots. So far, so good. But, I can't wait to find out how far along I really am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepingFaith (Post 25058619)
:welcome: So sorry for your losses, sending sticky dust your way!

Thank you! Praying for you as well. :)

JessP October 21st, 2011 11:23 AM

So sorry for your losses. Congrats on the pregnancy! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. Welcome to the board.

AZsnowflake October 21st, 2011 12:38 PM

Welcome and congrats! I hope this is your rainbow baby :)

ohnicole October 21st, 2011 02:15 PM

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I really hope the Lovenox and progesterone are what works for you! :grats:

TnPhotoMama81 October 21st, 2011 08:51 PM

Welcome to the group :)

This is my fourth pregnancy as well. Our first one we had a healthy son...no complications other than maybe a bit of high BP.

2nd and 3rd pregnancies ended in miscarriage...Did testing after the 3rd and found out I had three blood clotting disorders so now I am on baby asprin for the rest of my life.

4th pregnancy I am on baby asprin and lovenox...I also did prometrium but I weaned off it last week.

Good luck :) I hope you have a H&H 9 months :D

queenofthecastle October 23rd, 2011 11:52 PM

Welcome and Congrats!! I'm sorry for your losses. I'm sending you tons of sticky dust!!

McMommie October 24th, 2011 06:38 AM

Thank you all so much! I'm very excited, but still so nervous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TnPhotoMama81 (Post 25062158)
Welcome to the group :)

This is my fourth pregnancy as well. Our first one we had a healthy son...no complications other than maybe a bit of high BP.

2nd and 3rd pregnancies ended in miscarriage...Did testing after the 3rd and found out I had three blood clotting disorders so now I am on baby asprin for the rest of my life.

4th pregnancy I am on baby asprin and lovenox...I also did prometrium but I weaned off it last week.

Good luck :) I hope you have a H&H 9 months :D

I'm sorry about your losses! I hope this one works out for you! :) Hope you have a H&H 9 months as well.

I have more blood work today. Hopefully everything will look as good as they did last week!

missy123 October 24th, 2011 06:56 AM

HI and Welcome to the group. I am so sorry for your losses. I had 4 losses before this miracle baby. Sounds like you have a better doctor and feel more comfortable with the care you are getting.

lindsey2000k October 24th, 2011 08:08 AM

Hello and welcome. This is my 6th pregnancy.
1st pregnancy- miscarriage
2nd pregnancy- had DD with no problems
3rd pregnancy-miscarriage
4th pregnancy- miscarriage (found out I have MTHFR)
5th pregnancy- ectopic
6th pregnancy- here we are on Prometrium, Lovenox, baby A, tons of folic

Good luck and I hope this is your rainbow.

*SamF* October 24th, 2011 12:01 PM

Welcome and tons of sticky dust!!
It's a scary journey but worth it! This is my 8th pregnancy with one birth in there.