JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/)
-   -   Selena's Birth Story (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f133-pregnancy-and-motherhood-after-loss/2435801-selenas-birth-story.html)

~Laurie~ October 21st, 2011 01:04 PM

Re: Selena's Birth Story

Congratulations! She's lovely and you look fabulous!

Brittanie October 21st, 2011 02:39 PM

Man once she decided to come she came, didn't she? Congrats!! She's beautiful.

momof8lopez October 21st, 2011 05:53 PM

Selena's Birth Story

I had my membranes stripped on Tuesday at 9am and by evening that day, the crampiness/contractions had fizzeled out. Dr. said to give it 24-48hrs, but in past experience, if nothing happens right away with stripping the membranes, its not taking you into labor.

Thursday I decided to try the castor oil. Ive heard lots of story's and wanted to say that out of my 6 kids, I tried it at least once, lol. I took the recommended amount of 2oz with Fresca pop, and drank it fast. Did not taste bad at all, actually I never tasted it at all! Took this at 6:45;pm. They said to repeat it if I did not have a bowel movement in 2hrs. by 8:30 I was contracting every 20min, like usual, nothing to extreme........I have been doing this every night for a week now. by 8:55pm, my contractions went from 20min apart to 4min apart! Just like that! Within another 15min, they turned to 3min apart! I did not know for sure if I were contracting hard or cramping due to the castor oil, but decided to go in and get checked. ( I never had the urge to have a BM, and did not have an ounce of diareha. Just pure labor!)

Yup, I was contracting every 2-3min when I got in and was seen at 9:45pm. Got put into my delivery room at 10:30pm, and had my epi at 12:00am. Contractions were still the same and I was still dilated to 4cm only at 12. I started to get rolled over from left to right and dilated to 7 within 1hr. Baby started to have alot of decels in the heart rate, and I ended up back on my back where she stabalized quickly. My water finally broke when I was Complete (10cm) and ready to push. Had to hold my breath for over 10min waiting on the dr. I pushed once, her head was out. Pushed the second time, her body was out!

Selena was born at 2:12pm on 10/21. Weighed 7lbs and 10oz. 21inc. She is just gorgeous and Im totally in love.

Missy was part of it all again, right with me till the very moment she was born. I dont know what i would do without her support. I bawled like a baby when I heard her cry.........knowing how many people on these board never heard that sound before..........feeling like I have been given too many gifts in life and so very grateful for this last one.

Here is a link to view her hospital pics: http://www.bellababyphotography.com Pswd: escalf1021heidank

SillyKitty October 21st, 2011 06:25 PM

Congratulations, Lori! She is gorgeous, and I can't believe that YOU look so good after just having a baby! And I can't believe you are on here posting her birth story just a few hours later... you are the woman!

queenofthecastle October 21st, 2011 07:10 PM

She's so gorgeous and you look amazing for just having a baby!! Congrats again!!

geogeek October 21st, 2011 07:17 PM

I love all of the pictures! That is one heck of a fast labor! Congratulations!

KeepingFaith October 21st, 2011 07:34 PM

Congrats! She is so beautiful :)

JesSsica October 21st, 2011 07:44 PM

Awwwwww, congrats! I'm so happy for you and your family! =)

AZsnowflake October 21st, 2011 07:53 PM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

TnPhotoMama81 October 21st, 2011 10:00 PM

Wow...Congrats!!

I loooooove all the photos. You look amazing and she is so beautiful. Awww <3 I'd love to have a pro photographer come in and take photos for us.

JessP October 22nd, 2011 01:35 AM

Congratulations she is beautiful!

luvmykids623 October 22nd, 2011 01:40 AM

Congrats again! She is beautiful, just like here mama! :wub:

mom2moose October 22nd, 2011 03:49 AM

Great story!! So happy for you! Congrats! :)

missy123 October 22nd, 2011 04:07 AM

You are so pretty. The picture of the 3 of you has me crying. Love you!

momof8lopez October 22nd, 2011 04:16 AM

As for the pictures, I asked the photographer how she got me and Jerry to look so good and she just said nicely, "we have a softening program". I'll take it, lol

BeckyBozeman October 22nd, 2011 07:58 AM

So beautiful! Congratulations!!

I love the shots of her with her papa...

OurSweetLabs October 22nd, 2011 09:42 AM

Congrats!!!!

LindseyE117 October 22nd, 2011 09:52 AM

Beautiful!!! You look great for just having a baby!

ZoeChloeMommy October 22nd, 2011 10:37 AM

Congrats!!

lindsey2000k October 22nd, 2011 01:56 PM

Congrats